my thoughts on new contract

FAVREFAN

It has to be that high to sucker them into working there. And I do believe a dollar raise is given within a year at UPS. How much of a raise do Walmart employees get ???? I am not saying the part-time rate at UPS should not be higher, just saying I think it would be better working at UPS than Walmart.. Does Walmart still show that video in orientation about how unions are bad for America, with the circle and line through the word union??? They must be scared the employees at Walmart will one day be smart enough to want to start a union....
Well, not that it matters to me but.....would you rather load/unload trucks for $8.50 in the hot/cold and pay union dues or would you rather stock shelves for $9.90 in a climate controlled environment and not pay dues? For part-timers, it would be a simple choice with the exception of one thing. The Earn and Learn program. That is the only thing bringing in new help. Good college money for these kids. Our $8.50 start for loading/unloading is a disgrace in my opinion. But that is just that, my opinion.

HazMatMan

REMEMBER WEEK 17 THE 38-35 LOSS & THEY CARRIED MOMENTUM SINCE. PLAXICO CAME THROUGH WHEN HE WAS NEEDED. THE DEFENSE PLAY GOOD. 18-1 ISN'T BAD, BUT IT'S SAD WHEN THAT 1 DEFEAT IS IN THE SUPER BOWL. CONGRAGS TO THE NEW YORK - JERSEY GIANTS:peaceful:
Yeah that was the pun when I wrote it...Patriots were vulnerable last few weeks of season, I could sense they were getting tired....

HazMatMan

bet they get it all at once instead of 6 month intervals:wink2:
Just curious, do you work for UPS?? I believe they would get it all at once (Walmart) but even though I disagree with how we (UPS) are getting our raises this contract it's still better than a raise at Walmart...

HazMatMan

Well, not that it matters to me but.....would you rather load/unload trucks for $8.50 in the hot/cold and pay union dues or would you rather stock shelves for $9.90 in a climate controlled environment and not pay dues? For part-timers, it would be a simple choice with the exception of one thing. The Earn and Learn program. That is the only thing bringing in new help. Good college money for these kids. Our $8.50 start for loading/unloading is a disgrace in my opinion. But that is just that, my opinion.
Let's see, UPS benefits are I would assume much better than Walmart benefits, at UPS you have job security, do they have that at Walmart?? You are right, the starting rate at UPS for part-timers is a disgrace. The drivers starting rate went up from $14.70 an hour to $16.10 an hour with a longer wait for top rate, but the part-timers starting rate is still disgracefully low...I think I would still rather work for UPS than Walmart though, be it full-time OR part-time...

Last edited:

iowa boy

Haz,
I do work for ups. Sorry, i was trying to make a joke out of the fact that they get their raises all at once instead of having to wait six months. Yes our raises are larger over the course of the year, but, they are six months apart, and if i recall the company has the option of taking half our raise we are supposed to get and divert it to the health, welfare & pension part of the contract. I wasn't trying to offend or upset you or anyone else, just trying to have some fun with that certain part of our contract.

Fnix

You dont have to pay union dues if you dont want too.

Secondly, my building only offers Earn and Learn to PT Supes. All it attracts are kids who know nothing and leave in a year.

HazMatMan

Haz,
I do work for ups. Sorry, i was trying to make a joke out of the fact that they get their raises all at once instead of having to wait six months. Yes our raises are larger over the course of the year, but, they are six months apart, and if i recall the company has the option of taking half our raise we are supposed to get and divert it to the health, welfare & pension part of the contract. I wasn't trying to offend or upset you or anyone else, just trying to have some fun with that certain part of our contract.

No offense taken. :peaceful: No offense for the Patriots last night either. lol.