my thoughts on new contract

paidslave

Re: Guys and Girls LISTEN UP?

Article 6 Section 4

I don't have copie of new contract but I have no idea HOW the puck you guys voted YES on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not in Central STATES BUT YOU GUYS BETTER LEARN TO READ!

May God bless you that you never go off loop!

my 2 cents!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We will recieve the Last Raise on the LAST day of the contract........And the next contract after that we will probably feel "Oh we just recieved 40 cents and vote whatever is on the table!

You used to recieve the last raise one year before the contract expired. Now your last raise will be 6 months before the contract expires.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Yes, they will discipline you using gps if you go off loop. We have drivers receiving verbal warnings now. Is the gps in the truck or the diad? Maybe you could stash it somewhere during lunch and run errands if need be? I mean I work mon-fri during business hours of banks etc. how am I supposed to get things done? I've always done it once a week or whatever during lunch. Now what?

paidslave

Question?

Yes, they will discipline you using gps if you go off loop. We have drivers receiving verbal warnings now. Is the gps in the truck or the diad? Maybe you could stash it somewhere during lunch and run errands if need be? I mean I work mon-fri during business hours of banks etc. how am I supposed to get things done? I've always done it once a week or whatever during lunch. Now what?

If a Diad board is lost can they find where it is?

satellitedriver

I don't have copie of new contract but I have no idea HOW the puck you guys voted YES on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not in Central STATES BUT YOU GUYS BETTER LEARN TO READ!

May God bless you that you never go off loop!

my 2 cents!
OK,
so you don't have a copy of the contract, but you are telling us how bad the language is?
How are you reading and giving advice on something you do not have?

ezmoney5150

starting rate here at Wal-mart is $9.90 last I checked UPS is $8.50

choose your poison

What benefits does Wal mart have? Oh thats right none. Or maybe they do but it will cost you 8.50 of your 9.90.

Guess what. You don't pay for your benefits at UPS. So add another 5.00 to your 8.50.

I hope you were joking with this post.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

What benefits does Wal mart have? Oh thats right none. Or maybe they do but it will cost you 8.50 of your 9.90.

Guess what. You don't pay for your benefits at UPS. So add another 5.00 to your 8.50.

How about the 49/66/mo Union dues, does UPS pay for that as well?

Fnix

First of all how many people that are part time do you know actually use the benefits? I can tell you that extra $5 an hour you claim means nothing to me if I dont use or need the benefits at the moment.

Secondly, how many part timers do you know actually are in the Union or even care to use it?

FAVREFAN

Actually my sister works for Walmart. Yes, they are an evil empire and she only gets $9.00 p/hr but she gets outstanding insurance coverage for $42 per month. No representation but no $60 p/month union dues that I am paying. Wal-mart pays different pay scales all throughout the country. Sure, I'd like them to be unionized, but don't say they don't get any benefits. $42 p/month is outstanding. Also that 10% discount on purchases is sweet too. I spend about $400 p/month at WMT. That 10% would really add up for me. Just my 2 cents.:happy2:

ups79

Actually my sister works for Walmart. Yes, they are an evil empire and she only gets $9.00 p/hr but she gets outstanding insurance coverage for $42 per month. No representation but no $60 p/month union dues that I am paying. Wal-mart pays different pay scales all throughout the country. Sure, I'd like them to be unionized, but don't say they don't get any benefits. $42 p/month is outstanding. Also that 10% discount on purchases is sweet too. I spend about $400 p/month at WMT. That 10% would really add up for me. Just my 2 cents.:happy2:

Have your sister spend the $400.00 for you and get back $40.00. Heck of a deal, spend $400.00 to get $40.00 dollars off. Does that include an extra 15% for having and using a walmart charge card?

FAVREFAN

Have your sister spend the $400.00 for you and get back $40.00. Heck of a deal, spend $400.00 to get $40.00 dollars off. Does that include an extra 15% for having and using a walmart charge card?
No, any employee gets a 10% discount card but that doesn't include produce or a certain few other items. I try to buy as much as I can there rather than somewhere else because it is 99% of the time cheaper at Walmart. She hates the company and the job but just got divorced and has to work there and a part-time job to make ends meet. But she does appreciate the health ins. and discount card.

paidslave

OK,
so you don't have a copy of the contract, but you are telling us how bad the language is?
How are you reading and giving advice on something you do not have?

I have read it and read it on-line. I don't have a printed physical copy because printer ran out of ink!

Sorry for the confusion.......

:peaceful:

ezmoney5150

First of all how many people that are part time do you know actually use the benefits? I can tell you that extra $5 an hour you claim means nothing to me if I dont use or need the benefits at the moment.

Secondly, how many part timers do you know actually are in the Union or even care to use it?

I sure hope you don't get into a car accident. See here's the thing. Nobody says, you know what. I think I'll go to the hospital today and finally use those benefits I get.

When I was a Part timer I went to the hospital with bad stomach pains. Two hours later I was under the knife getting my appendix out. NOW. If I worked at Wal Mart I would have had to declare bankcruptcy for the $50,000 bill which by todays standards is pretty cheap. I didn't have to pay a thing. Thank god I had those benefits you don't need.

ezmoney5150

Well the grass is always greener on the other side. I got an idea. How about you quit and go work there. Then let us know how great it is to work a whole day to pay for your less than average health insurance and no part time or full time pension. Oh and let us know what its like to be forced to work off the clock like they've been sued for. Maybe if you convince us that Wal Mart is such heaven we'll all jump off the UPS ship to work at the Wal.