N. Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, the Vatican news

rickyb

today i wrote on paper the number for the white house and dropped it off in 3 different lunch rooms.

kinda amazing how many coworkers want a missle strike on kim jung :censored2:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
great idea
let's invade Venezuela
then trump will have a nice place to deport all the illegals here
and they can rebuild it

wkmac

great idea
let's invade Venezuela
then trump will have a nice place to deport all the illegals here
and they can rebuild it

You volunteering to pay for that or you just like spending other people's money?

You going Massachusetts Democrat on us?

newfie

If you are speaking to me, the day such occurs I won't be rooting for or against any side.

no I think I was speaking to itty but I'm not surprised you chimed in. The liberal position as this progresses appears to be painting theirselves into an anti trump corner where an actual military action with and against NK would have the libs on the other side.

newfie

If you are speaking to me, the day such occurs I won't be rooting for or against any side.

I'm curious where would you have been during the events leading up to WWII. when is the military response appropriate and how do you decide it is so.

It will be fine

no I think I was speaking to itty but I'm not surprised you chimed in. The liberal position as this progresses appears to be painting theirselves into an anti trump corner where an actual military action with and against NK would have the libs on the other side.
I think the "liberal position" is the president shouldn't mouth off with threats he has no intention of following through on. The position will be protesting against the war like we did for Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm not rooting for NK, I'm rooting against starting another land war in Asia. It has some nuance, I don't expect you to understand.

wkmac

My opinion Newfie:

WW2 has a number of factors involved but for one England over reached with the Treaty of Versailles and the US siding with them was an intervention that aggravated the situation. Had the US not done so, Britain may have been forced to renegotiate or negotiate in the first place better terms with Germany which might have even avoided the conditions that gave rise to Hitler.

And this is not to say that Germany is any nice guy either. Hitler was the sum of the creation of the Prussian model of society as a result of Prussian defeat in the Napoleonic Wars. Hitler of something like him may have just been an inevitable consequences of Germany/Prussia choices made 120 years earlier. Not unlike what I see in the US that may well in years to come could be seen as brought to bare when Horace Mann brought the Prussian Education Model into the US and with it began our desires to mirror, even surpass, the colonial powers of Europe took a life of their own. And not to suggest these desires weren't there prior to Mann as they were.

Thus why should I be required to involve myself in what became a clean up operation for mismanagement for a business and economic arrangement?

As too Japan, FDR over reached in Asia by an attempt to blockade Japan from access to oil via naval means. Again done so in the interest of business and economic concerns. Japan reacted and hit the source from which that blockade was conducted. And Japan is no nice guy either by any means. Again, why should I concern myself with a miscalculation and mismanagement of a business and economic concern?

Both WW1 and WW2 were no direct threat to me (albeit I wasn't born then either so there is that too). Same for Korea & Vietnam. The threat (if one could even call it that) was to a business and economic interest known as the United States of America and most of that was of their own doing not unlike the disaster that is the Middle East today. Why should I pay the price for miscalculations of people who proclaim themselves experts? Why don't they go over and punch these people in the nose themselves if they feel wronged instead of drafting (force) or manipulating (another form of force) other people to do it for them?

I see no reason that I would need to involve myself in any of that one way or the other.