nashville snow

Grindstone

Our management had 2 centers worth of driver's unloading there trucks in 4 doors one one of those extended belt set ups end of day, Saturday. Had some drivers stay to load the packages back into trailers on opposite side of the rollers. They called us back at 530, my dumass voIunteered to help out once my truck was empty. Ended up clocking out at 9.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Damn bro, that was cold
7636BE17-B548-4798-B4BE-FE3B0E3D120A.gif

35years

Gravy route
It is so funny to read the stuff the southerners post on here...

"It's different, the snow melts then refreezes, its slippery because it is slushy, even transplanted northerners can't drive in it. We have ice under our snow"

Like we don't deal with this 20 times a year, every year.

We deal with everything you are describing all the time. We just don't make a big deal out of it.

It is like a new driver talking about all the stuff he had to deal with to get the route done...To a 30 year veteran. No, we have seen it before, many, many times. And much worse.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

It is so funny to read the stuff the southerners post on here...

"It's different, the snow melts then refreezes, its slippery because it is slushy, even transplanted northerners can't drive in it. We have ice under our snow"

Like we don't deal with this 20 times a year, every year.

We deal with everything you are describing all the time. We just don't make a big deal out of it.

It is like a new driver talking about all the stuff he had to deal with to get the route done...To a 30 year veteran. No, we have seen it before, many, many times. And much worse.
Yet, the refugees fleeing northern states for southern states can’t seem to drive in the snow down here any better than us southerners. Or in perfect driving conditions for that matter. Go figure.

AKCoverMan

So I’ve had chains on my package car since Monday before Christmas,, We got a ton of snow then had couple of days above freezinith rain for gosh sakes,, then back down to zero and below. Thick ice on roads.

With chains I cant go much over 30mph all day, on a 100 mile rural route. But I can go.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
So I’ve had chains on my package car since Monday before Christmas,, We got a ton of snow then had couple of days above freezinith rain for gosh sakes,, then back down to zero and below. Thick ice on roads.

With chains I cant go much over 30mph all day, on a 100 mile rural route. But I can go.
Do the best you can , slow down don't get hurt , unsafe hills , call them in and sheet non delivery attempt , ice. They know it's bad but will still want their same unattainable numbers

AKCoverMan

Do the best you can , slow down don't get hurt , unsafe hills , call them in and sheet non delivery attempt , ice. They know it's bad but will still want their same unattainable numbers
Oh I can get it done it’s just super slow. Been telling em route should be in a 4x4 but instead I’m in a one wheel drive wonder. The chains are basically a cheap form of positraction so I am not stuck on flat ground spinning one rear wheel. But when get on main road with 55 mph speed limit can only do about 30. Gonna suck for them when 9.5 starts again.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Oh I can get it done it’s just super slow. Been telling em route should be in a 4x4 but instead I’m in a one wheel drive wonder. The chains are basically a cheap form of positraction so I am not stuck on flat ground spinning one rear wheel. But when get on main road with 55 mph speed limit can only do about 30. Gonna suck for them when 9.5 starts again.
I understand. 15 yrs in a brownie in New England winters and 18 in feedahs