nashville snow

Overpaid Union Thug

nashville got 6 inches of snow. not 16 lol
Most of which mixed with sleet/rain to become ice that troubled even the most seasoned winter drivers from all over the country. It doesn’t really matter how thick that ice is. I went to Nashville today and there were still some cars with northern state plates abandoned on the side of a couple of the interstates going in and out of the city. I think they had got a little cocky and drove too aggressively.

Box Ox

Idk. The hills in Tennessee are not like the hills elsewhere. Im not kidding.

In the south, snow is sometimes mixed with sleet and also often becomes ice due to both warmer ground temperatures and partial melts during the daytime followed by re-freezing overnight.

Refugees from the north have just as much trouble driving on ice as everyone else. It’s not the powdery stuff that they’re used to and their cars can handle.

just curious if drivers went out yesterday. seems like even the toughest 4x4s were struggling, including mine. lots of jackknifed 18 wheelers. the hills here are merciless even with a bit of ice. hope any drivers who did go out are ok.
You talking about the toughest 4x4s.....or your 4Runner...?? They are, in fact, mutually exclusive.

Poop Head

Judge me.
In the south, snow is sometimes mixed with sleet and also often becomes ice due to partial melts during the daytime followed by re-freezing overnight.

Refugees from the north have just as much trouble driving on it as everyone else. It’s not the powdery stuff that they’re used to and their cars can handle.
We get the same stuff, it all depends on air temp and ground temp, etc.. were prepared for it though, plows, salt, sand, chains, experience of knowing where you can/cant go, how to park, accelerate/decelerate, corner, etc... A huge diff too is tires. The tires in the pic @union_thug posted were bald as :censored2:.

Edit, that being said, the roads and hills ive seen in TN, would mostly be impassable with any amount of snow/slush/ice on em. And they are no way equipped to remove it from the roads. No local government is gonna drop the money for snow removal equipment for something thats a problem for only a few days a year. I can totally see just shutting things down for a day or two till it melts.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

We get the same stuff, it all depends on air temp and ground temp, etc.. were prepared for it though, plows, salt, sand, chains, experience of knowing where you can/cant go, how to park, accelerate/decelerate, corner, etc... A huge diff too is tires. The tires in the pic @union_thug posted were bald as :censored2:.

Edit, that being said, the roads and hills ive seen in TN, would mostly be impassable with any amount of snow/slush/ice on em. And they are no way equipped to remove it from the roads. No local government is gonna drop the money for snow removal equipment for something thats a problem for only a few days a year. I can totally see just shutting things down for a day or two till it melts.

This was this morning in the Nashville area. That layer the ambulance is on is often hidden below the snow. Pure ice topped with snow. It’ll be 55 degrees in the morning. Then rain as the temps drop below freezing. Then sleet. Then snow on top. All within a few hours.
95C34107-D9F5-4358-93C6-3CA82DDE7B6E.jpeg