nashville snow

Overpaid Union Thug

Then how do the salt and or sand spreaders get to the ice? I agree a lot of times it is easier to drive on 3 inches of snow then an inch of snow. Just go slow.
Yeah we typically don’t get enough snow to keep tires from the ice. I do like frozen snow for driving but once it melts were left with that ice. If only it would melt along with the snow. But typically lags behind. And then refreezes like is predicted tomorrow.

Frozen snow is solid and has traction. Easy to drive on.

Salt is used here when practical. Not at will.

0-3
I understand that snow has more traction, my initial point, thank you for agreeing.

When the snow is providing said traction, and it's still freezing, it shouldn't be plowed off to salt, to create more ice. Not practical, which was your first argument, but we clearly agree.

Looks like you're not so good at keeping score. Not sure why you're insistent to come in hot at me, but I hope it works out for you.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
FC450A7A-784A-4C17-BAB8-65A207E576BF.jpeg

Overpaid Union Thug

I understand that snow has more traction, my initial point, thank you for agreeing.

When the snow is providing said traction, and it's still freezing, it shouldn't be plowed off to salt, to create more ice. Not practical, which was your first argument, but we clearly agree.
As I said…salt is applied when practical and in this PRACTICAL case was applied to ice after the snow was plowed so that roads were drivable. Drivers easily drove on what was left and broke up and cleared it away. The roads were 100% clear today when I drove there because of that. Waiting on the snow to melt would have left the roads undrivable longer than necessary. The snow was melting but would have refrozen as ice.
Looks like you're not so good at keeping score. Not sure why you're insistent to come in hot at me, but I hope it works out for you.
0-4

As I said…salt is applied when practical and in this PRACTICAL case was applied to ice after the snow was plowed so that roads were drivable. Drivers easily drove on what was left and broke up and cleared it away. The roads were 100% clear today when I drove there because of that. Waiting on the snow to melt would have left the roads undrivable longer than necessary. The snow was melting but would have refrozen as ice.

0-4
Neat.

DriverNerd

They let the truck run all day I’m sure..
✊🧔
It was -18 when I started Friday morning. You can do whatever you want and wear whatever you want as long as you show up for work, your truck battery doesn't die, and you make it back. The numbers regarding recording while idling and excessive idling are accidentally misplaced. But they're miraculously found when it's 10 above. It works best for everyone if they just ignore it all.

11.19igrad

Most of which mixed with sleet/rain to become ice that troubled even the most seasoned winter drivers from all over the country. It doesn’t really matter how thick that ice is. I went to Nashville today and there were still some cars with northern state plates abandoned on the side of a couple of the interstates going in and out of the city. I think they had got a little cocky and drove too aggressively.
i was lucky. i watched the snow start literally the second i got home. couldn't believe how fast it came. i thought I was gold in my gx470 but the problem is, if ur stuck behind or hit by other vehicles, ur still screwed. I tried picking a friend up to crash at my place for company and turned around, everyone was spinning out. didnt need a bus spinning out into me. i just finally went out tonight. it was bad.

Last edited:

charm299

Yes. It's clear or white. And "all y'all" can't handle anything over 1/16"
We had some of y’all wussies from the north down here helping us after the hurricane, they were dropping like flies from the heat. It wasn’t even July or august, it was the middle of September. They had to go to hospital to get iv’s😂