National Contract Survey

tourists24

Thats asking alot to rank those in order of what is important to you. Anyone of them could make the top of the list given the right circumstances on different days at work.
just remember when filling this out.... Pension and H/W will always be the top priority for the international.... give me harrassment and forced overtime protection(if you want it)

Inthegame

just remember when filling this out.... Pension and H/W will always be the top priority for the international.... give me harrassment and forced overtime protection(if you want it)
Not sure if H&W and Pension really are the top priority for the IBT as wages dictate dues and therefore per capita.

browned out

Alot of harassment, forced overtime, and over supervision type questions. These should not even be on this contract survey. There are provisions in the current contract that already address these issues if they were enforced. Will the union say " well we got you reduced overtime, less harassment and less oversupervision so you had to give up some on pension, hourly wages, etc.

Lets enforce the current contract first.

I did not see a question on the survey asking Do you believe the Teamsters National is doing what they should be doing in regards to enforcing the current contract?

804brown

not what i voted for

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/18/business/striking-caterpillar-workers-ratify-contract-offer.html

This scares me. Caterpillar profitted $4.9 BILLION last year and they still demanded that the workers accept a pay freeze for 6 years!! Plus a frozen pension and higher health/welfare payments as well as tougher production language on seniority. Incredible. I fear UPS pushing a similar package and Hoffa accepting it as the "best deal we could get".
Don't worry Tim will tell Hoffa what to do, he will get you everything you put in your survey. No more give backs or consessionary contracts for Local 804.

Save your money folks!!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Pretty irritated there's no mention of full-time jobs as a contract issue in the survey. Folks need to be willing to vote "NO" on a shoddy contract, especially if it contains any concessions.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Didn't receive any survey but I have started thinking up comebacks for all the people who will say local 705 "should just take what UPS is offering" instead of us working out our own, often better, contracts.

Union Shop+Solidarity= superior contracts. The rest of us could learn a lot from 705.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have to think that this is why they asked us for the demographic data later in the survey. Our age and years of service will shape the way that we rank those indices.

Exactly.

I filled mine out, the same as others near the end their career. ( Yes.... I get to fill one out too.)

Having clearly defined proposals to negotiate with, is just prudent.

-Bug-