National Security

island1fox

Term limits is a must !!!

Also --what they promise during Campaigns ---when they do not do it vote them out.

Republican and Democrat !! Clear enough tos ???

Or did Hannity say this or Fox news ??

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Term limits is a must !!!

Also --what they promise during Campaigns ---when they do not do it vote them out.

Republican and Democrat !! Clear enough tos ???

Or did Hannity say this or Fox news ??

Be careful what you wish for as I also believe in term limits, only not the way you purport them to be.

The president has a term limit, congress needs to impose a 2 term limit, and the senate with a 2 term limit, as well as the supreme court having a 10 year limit on tenure.

There should be NO federal office held longer than this.

Of course, you wil disagree, because you only want term limits if your party isnt in power. The supreme court should be changed so that fresh ideas can be had, rather than some old white dude sitting there for decades deciding cases on which political party put him there in the first place.

TOS.

Nimnim

The Nim
I'd be willing to give 3 terms for the House only because they are 2 year terms, but 2 terms for Senate, and 10 years could be shifted some for Supreme court but 10 doesn't sound bad.

Party really doesn't matter to me since the house and president were intended to be short term, serve a term or two then go back to your private sector employment. Public service was to serve the public not be a career.

I also support the repeal of the 17th amendment, since senators were supposed to be equal representation for all the states in the states interest, popular vote just makes them glorified house reps and not reps of the state legislature.

wkmac

Voters don't want term limits. They have them every time they walk into a voting booth and yet rarely do they ever use them.

upschuck

Voters don't want term limits. They have them every time they walk into a voting booth and yet rarely do they ever use them.
That is because they only want term limits on your congressmen, theirs brings in too much money to their district to vote out.

island1fox

Two term Max for all of them-- plus no lobby jobs after
Serving elected Political office. Period.
tos,

Thank you. There is always agreement and common ground if we look hard enough.
I still believe all Politicians could learn a lot from the people.

As we both know -Hate to be pessimistic but the Politicians in power will never vote in Term Limits and Restrictions ---there would have to be a MAJOR uproar from 100% of the People.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
In Security Cases, Feds No Longer Get Benefit Of The Doubt - NPR

Disclosures by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden have shaken the intelligence community and spurred Congress to try to impose new limits on electronic surveillance. In recent weeks, aftershocks from those leaks have been rippling through the courts too. Some judges have signaled they're no longer willing to take the government's word when it comes to national security.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If Obama hadn't changed the rules in 08' to not need a warrant to spy on foreigners, would it really matter?..... let's take a look at the record of the court who grants the warrants:

"In all, over the entire 33-year period, the FISA court has granted 33,942 warrants, with only 11 denials...."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court

oldngray

nowhere special
If Obama hadn't changed the rules in 08' to not need a warrant to spy on foreigners, would it really matter?..... let's take a look at the record of the court who grants the warrants:

"In all, over the entire 33-year period, the FISA court has granted 33,942 warrants, with only 11 denials...."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court

There is no doubt FISA almost always grants those warrants with a rubber stamp of approval but that's another issue. And the government has admitted to lying to get some of those approved because they didn't even have enough to convince FISA otherwise.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There is no doubt FISA almost always grants those warrants with a rubber stamp of approval but that's another issue. And the government has admitted to lying to get some of those approved because they didn't even have enough to convince FISA otherwise.
It's sad, but we lost our privacy a long time ago.... it goes beyond a single president or party, despite the rhetoric they use when they run for office.
No Democrat or Republican is going to change any of this. I miss the hope I felt when Dr. Paul was running, at this point I'm back to apathy.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Dont forget where this all started...

"FREEDOM ISNT FREE"

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
EI3SJvA.jpg