National Security

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
An NSA Coworker Remembers The Real Edward Snowden: 'A Genius Among Geniuses' - Forbes

The anonymous NSA staffer’s priority in contacting me, in fact, was to refute stories that have surfaced as the NSA and the media attempt to explain how a contractor was able to obtain and leak the tens of thousands of highly classified documents that have become the biggest public disclosure of NSA secrets in history. According to the source, Snowden didn’t dupe coworkers into handing over their passwords, as one report has claimed. Nor did Snowden fabricate SSH keys to gain unauthorized access, he or she says.

Instead, there’s little mystery as to how Snowden gained his access: It was given to him.

wkmac

"These programs were never about terrorism: they're about economic spying, social control, and diplomatic manipulation. They're about power." Edward Snowden

1. Original Edward Snowden letter published on A Folha today.

Follow the trail of the US Intelligence apparatus since the National Intelligence Act of 1947' and that's mostly what it's been about. Starting with Iran and Guatemala in the 1950's to SE Asia in the 60's and 70's, central America in the 80's and then the Middle East from the 90's on, doesn't take long to understand the economic angle. The late Eustace Mullins in the early 80's would call the CIA, the Central Investment Agency, and in the following years since of observing, I've come to see and realize he was correct when speaking of the US Intelligence Operations.

Snowden's revelations are important in only confirming the above for me and it also IMO brings full circle about what so-called defense in this country is really all about and has always been about. Thus the reason Smedley Butler rightly pointed out, "War Is A Racket!"

Here's just another in the continuing saga and only a tip of the iceberg.
NSA Busted Conducting Industrial Espionage In France, Mexico, Brazil, China and All Around the World

And this was never anything new either, we just weren't paying attention when the info was right in front of us. And you wonder why the people in power say one thing while doing another. They think you are stupid but then you prove it all the time and confirm it every election day.

You wanna see what the CIA/NSA really does at least from an entertainment perspective, something most of you can only relate too anyway? Watch the movie Spy Game with Robert Redford and Brad Pitt but pay close attention to the backstory operation called Side Show and what was taking place under it's operations. That is what day to day the US Intelligence apparatus really does.

wkmac

Circa 1984

Interesting as we sit upon the dawn of being 30 years later and the level of surveillance we see today. Let's remember also in 1984 who was in the White House!

Hmmmmmm!

Love him or hate him but once again he was ahead of the curve.

texan

I went to an automotive shop and had maintenance in the last week.

They had the Rolling Stone in various months there as I waited,
along with People, Sports, Road and Track etc..
and other magazines on the table.

I read the Article about Snowden and Greenwald in Rolling Stone.

Very Interesting. Sigh... I have always shared I am Conservative, but
not a blind lock step one.

After reading this, I should never post, email, not talk on the phone again.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...nwald-the-men-who-leaked-the-secrets-20131204

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Cheer up .
As long as you praise allah & not The Lord Jesus in your postings they will never be looking in your direction .

moreluck

golden ticket member
28tb4pk.jpg