Natural Disasters: do right by your team

over9five

Staff member
I agree with the OP!

Many years ago, I was out on a route with a sup. A hurricane is moving in (Hurricane Bob, maybe?), and everyone has been told to be off the road at a certain time...... except for us. "We'll stay out till it gets bad, cuz I want you to be able to do this alone tomorrow".
Yeah, you freakin idiot, except I still got an hours ride home (on a GOOD day) after I punch out.

Nothing changes...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I am not talking about HELP post a disaster. I am talking about sending home Drivers and all staff to allow time to take care of their needs, families and homes when natural occurrences take place.

No, they do not do that.
So do we not have families with needs that need to be taken care of too?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree with the OP!

Many years ago, I was out on a route with a sup. A hurricane is moving in (Hurricane Bob, maybe?), and everyone has been told to be off the road at a certain time...... except for us. "We'll stay out till it gets bad, cuz I want you to be able to do this alone tomorrow".
Yeah, you freakin idiot, except I still got an hours ride home (on a GOOD day) after I punch out.

Nothing changes...
This is why I'm the first one to bring it in when weather gets bad.

I've got a 55 mile drive home on mostly crappy 2 lane roads.

The packages can wait.

Faceplanted

South fl people I feel bad for u guys. Call in Friday and do what you gotta do. Take care of what you neee to ups can wait

If this bitch stays at 185mph sustained... by the time it gets to me it should be worse than hurricane charley which ripped off shingles and had my roof down to plywood with leaks. I'm in a new construction house and gonna be taking in some family. Hopefully it ends up better than charley. I been downplaying this storm as the media has overblown every storm since charley but now I'm starting to get a bit concerned. Lots of family and friends in Miami that I'm starting to worry about. Most planning on riding it out...

Everybody be safe... do what you gotta do. The packages can wait

Last edited:

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Do not think you are working Friday.
" Broward County Mayor Barbara Sharief said Wednesday that mandatory evacuations have been issued starting at noon Thursday for all residents east of U.S. Route 1, known as Federal Highway, including all barrier islands. "

watdaflock?

Why doesn't UPS put into place proper protocol when Drivers and all staff are dealing with natural disasters? To keep staff at work up to the last minute does not allow their own team members to properly prepare. There is no time to protect ones home, their family, etc.

To focus solely on the bottom line is a disgrace. The management at the hub in Hollywood as of today stated they will be working Friday and questioning if they will work Saturday. This is despicable and unacceptable.
You get option days and the ability to call off for a reason.

Get back to work, snowflake.

Call in

Problem solved

tada!

StoptheAct1212

Wait, but what about our customers... thats whats most important... UPS drivers have no life as it is... the day of humanity is over. Dollars make cents.

iowa boy

I am not talking about HELP post a disaster. I am talking about sending home Drivers and all staff to allow time to take care of their needs, families and homes when natural occurrences take place.

No, they do not do that.

Packages are more important than people...that's all that needs to be said.

Until you get hurt, then all hell breaks loose.

Trackless in brown

No, they do not do that.

To put it simply..UPS dose not give a crap about the lives an safety of its employees in situations like hurricane Irma...period

Dhydratd

Just make sure to call more than an hour before your scheduled start time. Your "anal glaucoma" is flaring up again. wink wink