Need advice from the experts first issue!

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
You could always start walking those stops off instead of backing your truck up. I'm sure your center manager would be extra happy seeing how long that takes. friend'in idiots just can't leave well enough alone. Call his bluff.

They're cracking down on backs at our center in a big way. Apparently its the flavor of the month across the entire division. Our managers are literally putting pictures from Bing on the monitors in our center that show actual backs drivers took the day before. We are then "required" to fill out their little quizzes during the PCM explaining whether or not WE would have made that back.

Last week I put "yes" for one of them and the reason "because that was me".

rod

Retired 22 years
They're cracking down on backs at our center in a big way. Apparently its the flavor of the month across the entire division. Our managers are literally putting pictures from Bing on the monitors in our center that show actual backs drivers took the day before. We are then "required" to fill out their little quizzes during the PCM explaining whether or not WE would have made that back.

Last week I put "yes" for one of them and the reason "because that was me".
Sounds like more EASY overtime to me. Doing little quizzes.

DriverNerd

And everyone wonders why UPS doesn’t recognize anyone anymore. Ruins it for everyone else that might want their accomplishments recognized. Stupid and selfish behavior.
Why is it selfish? I find these "awards" to be stupid. They mean absolutely nothing. I have enough useless junk, I don't need more. UPS' definition of an unavoidable accident means if you make it a year you're just lucky.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yes
Don't say anything. Let him take his video to whoever he wants to and then smile as the union throws it out. No supervisor can record an employee and use it for disciplinary action. Second, as long as you are using the methods and working as safely as fast as you can then they cannot do a thing. Fair days work for a fair days pay. So don't stress it. Just make sure you continue to work smart. Don't give them a reason to write you up by not following the methods. And if he continues to mess with you file a grievance for harassment but make sure you take detailed notes of anything you feel it is not right. Take pictures of diad messages as well. You will need all of this info to put on grievance.
Yes they absolutely can video tape you and use it against you.
You’ve never been in a termination meeting before have you?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Don't say anything. Let him take his video to whoever he wants to and then smile as the union throws it out. No supervisor can record an employee and use it for disciplinary action. Second, as long as you are using the methods and working as safely as fast as you can then they cannot do a thing. Fair days work for a fair days pay. So don't stress it. Just make sure you continue to work smart. Don't give them a reason to write you up by not following the methods. And if he continues to mess with you file a grievance for harassment but make sure you take detailed notes of anything you feel it is not right. Take pictures of diad messages as well. You will need all of this info to put on grievance.
Why?

35years

Gravy route
On Friday I was in one of my really nice subbdervisons most with long driveways. I always back down to the house .( alot of them have no please to turn around thats why I back) . Before I back I look and make sure nothing is in my way. As I back SOMETIMES I blow the horn as I'm backing up. ( I think I'm really good at using my horn). After I Finnish the Subdivision my supervisor was videoing me backing up at almost every stop. He said I wasn't blowing my horn as I was backing up. Then he said I only have 10 seconds from the time I step onto the pkg steps put the diad in the slot, seat and start up and go! He basically said I'm slow at doing that which I don't believe that either! He said thats why your over aloud and he can take the video to the labor board . What can they do to me? Should I worry about any of this? He said we will discuss Monday morning. When I go I to the office what do yall think I should say about these 2 issues? Sorry it's so long and thanks everyone!
Did they give you a letter?

quad decade guy

Why is it selfish? I find these "awards" to be stupid. They mean absolutely nothing. I have enough useless junk, I don't need more. UPS' definition of an unavoidable accident means ifriend you make it a year you're just lucky.
Oh? I'm a 30 year circle of honor driver. And very proud of it. It takes more than luck. I've also never had a lost time injury. It takes skill, pride and effort. Try all 3 of those and you will succeed. Effort=success

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Oh? I'm a 30 year circle of honor driver. And very proud of it. It takes more than luck. I've also never had a lost time injury. It takes skill, pride and effort. Try all 3 of those and you will succeed. Effort=success
16512D02-42BF-488A-8A3F-4039D9005FC8.gif

2002182B-2240-46F7-A0CF-72B5D17C7362.gif