Need advice.

Future

Victory Ride
ww.gif
Just saying !

saintrick

These part time TCD's are covered under article 49 of the Southern supplement. They make 85% of full time driver pay and once they complete a 30 qualifying period they do not have to complete another probationary period or suffer a reduction in pay when they bid a full time package car position.

Sounds if the local and company came to an agreement that they would also apply this language to a move from part time TCD to feeders. Which is not addressed in the contract.

Chemo

Generally speaking, as you move "up the ladder" from PT to TCD to pkg to feeders, your new driving position involves a progression. If you are making more than the start of the progression, you don't take a pay cut. You stay where you're at until the progression catches up to your current rate. Then you continue until top pay.
You are too focused on the "part time" in Part Time Cover Driver. And you feel that makes them equal to you as a part timer inside the bldg.
Is this the scenario?
You, employee A, have more part time seniority than part timer B.
B signs the bid list and goes TCD. A either doesn't sign, doesn't qualify, or whatever. A stays in hub.
B has bid into a job that pays $28. A stays at his job making less, for example, let's say $15.
A & B both sign Feeder bid list and go to Feeders.
A enters feeder progression and goes to $18.75 and finishes the progression from there.
B stays at his current $28 until the progression catches up/passes him. He/she doesn't have to take a pay cut.
That's how it works. Different paths that end up at top pay if you both stay long enough.

As you seem bothered that you both currently perform the same work and there's a pay difference, consider this. Employee B was in pkg doing the same work as a full time package driver for about $5/hr less and 20 hour vacation checks when they worked over 40 every week. Also accumulating no full time pension.

The fact that you looked into it and the Company or Local had mixed-up or confusing info does not mean anyone changed the rules. It means that someone or several someones isn't familiar with the contract, which won't surprise you once you've been around long enough.
I hope I understood everything correctly and the explanation helps you understand.
And Welcome to Feeders! Be safe out there.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Well this wasn't about the TCD drivers to begin with. This was about them including the regular part timers in the agreement as well. It was agreed upon, posted up and we were told this was going to be the case. At the last second they changed it and cut us out. That is the problem I have with it. Another Local in our region are paying any part timer no matter what they did 85% of top out. After I spoke with the Union after I posted this they told me they are trying to get a hold of their language and we can have it for ourself. However our union is so damn weak I doubt it will happen. Our fat ass President will just roll over and take it in the ass like he always does.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I really hope you're not saying be grateful you are full time. And I also hope you aren't a union steward, because that is literally the worst thing you could ever say to someone.
Then sorry you went full time? You were way better off making less? I don't really get where your coming from.,

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Then sorry you went full time? You were way better off making less? I don't really get where your coming from.,
Nope, and nope. Never said either of those. We had a union steward say that to us when we first came to feeders. We came in making 28 an hour then they took it away from us, when we went to him about it he said we should just be happy we are in feeders because it's a privilege and that is a piece of :censored2: thing to say especially if you are a union steward. It's easy to say that when you are topped out, and when you are making 28 then are "promoted" you shouldn't drop down to 18.

upschuck

Shot in the dark here, but did you come in with the seasonal tag, and then was kept on afterward? You shouldn't be making $18.75 you should have been red circled at your then current pt rate(since it was higher).

wide load

Nope, and nope. Never said either of those. We had a union steward say that to us when we first came to feeders. We came in making 28 an hour then they took it away from us, when we went to him about it he said we should just be happy we are in feeders because it's a privilege and that is a piece of :censored2: thing to say especially if you are a union steward. It's easy to say that when you are topped out, and when you are making 28 then are "promoted" you shouldn't drop down to 18.
Your language doesn't contain "no double progression"?

oldngray

nowhere special
He does get red circled, I thought you meant that he was going through a second progression.

Even if red circled a PT making full rate moving to FT can end up at a lower entry rate for the new FT position. It gets complicated depending on what the jobs are though.

wide load

Even if red circled a PT making full rate moving to FT can end up at a lower entry rate for the new FT position. It gets complicated depending on what the jobs are though.
Not in our supplement. 18.75 or current Pt rate, whichever is higher.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not in our supplement. 18.75 or current Pt rate, whichever is higher.

When I went driving red circled meant as as part timer I was already making the same rate as a full time driver. I took a temporary cut but there was only a 1 year progression to get back up to full rate.