Need an excuse....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Aren`t they all garbage routes anymore?
If you were to ask the bid drivers they would probably agree. Their rtes change on a daily basis and not one of them are happy about it. To me, it makes no difference. I'm doing something different nearly every single day. It is what it is.

Indecisi0n

If you were to ask the bid drivers they would probably agree. Their rtes change on a daily basis and not one of them are happy about it. To me, it makes no difference. I'm doing something different nearly every single day. It is what it is.
You sound like management lol

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a driver who you could count on every year to be off on comp for peak. I know he had to have missed more of them than he worked. I was the dumb one who never missed one. Actually I didn't mind peak---loved having a helper. It was the from the day after Christmas til about the middle of March when they had half the crew laid off and you never knew from day to day what crap they were going to stick on your route ---that was the time I hated.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Again my opinion doesn't mean much here but i think the union is slacking big time.

I think it is readily apparent who the slacker is.

You haven't even worked a peak season yet and you're complaining....

About veteran drivers who were doing this while you were in kindergarden....

Wow....

This is the generation we have to look forward to.

-Bug-

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Or experienced ... after awhile you just accept the system.
You are probably right to some degree but it is less that and more the fact that I don't have a bid rte. I see something different nearly everyday, it makes little difference to me. It's just delivering. It's just work. :happy2:

menotyou

bella amicizia
I never bothered looking at the diad. Why? It's me who's stressing. No one else. For what? So, I end up with $48ish an hour OT. Wow. Twist my arm. It's amazing how much the Dispatch Sup hates that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I never bothered looking at the diad. Why? It's me who's stressing. No one else. For what? So, I end up with $48ish an hour OT. Wow. Twist my arm. It's amazing how much the Dispatch Sup hates that.
Im with meno. They get all whacked out of shape like you are questioning their experience. Which I am not. Been there done that. The difference is input from a driver could in my case save 15 miles, and give me 30 more stops. But I get the nasty glare stare so Im all done. Ill get it done, might miss some commercial, no one cares. So I just go do it. Doesnt matter what I think or know, Im a jerk. whip me beat me pay me OT.

old levi's

blank space
Im with meno. They get all whacked out of shape like you are questioning their experience. Which I am not. Been there done that. The difference is input from a driver could in my case save 15 miles, and give me 30 more stops. But I get the nasty glare stare so Im all done. Ill get it done, might miss some commercial, no one cares. So I just go do it. Doesnt matter what I think or know, Im a jerk. whip me beat me pay me OT.

I'm a package hooker: I'm easy , but I'm not cheap!

Indecisi0n

I think it is readily apparent who the slacker is.

You haven't even worked a peak season yet and you're complaining....

About veteran drivers who were doing this while you were in kindergarden....

Wow....

This is the generation we have to look forward to.

-Bug-

Your right. My generation will be fighting for your pension. Maybe i should be a sheep driver like most and watch your money dwindle away when you need it the most.

tourists24

(was being sarcastic) I just keep hearing all these horror stories. I don't know what to expect. They tell me my truck is going to be blown out like crazy. They say I will literally be swimming on packages in the PC to find stuff. haha. I guess it will be a learning experience.
the best response I can think of is to take one stop at a time..... dont worry about how long it takes.....

over9five

Staff member

Think I found my new signature line.....

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I never thought I'd say this...I wish I was still a Coverage Driver in the top 3. I always got good routes most of the time. I love the customers on my route but I HATE my route, especially at peak.