Need help with noisy neighbors...

Rack em

Made the Podium
Why are you living in a frat house OP? What about sleeping pills?
Why should I have to alter my life because other people are doing :censored2: they aren't supposed to be doing, especially early in the morning? I have never taken sleeping pills and I am not going to start because other people are inconsiderate.

I did forget to mention I talked to my landlord again and he did talk to they and they even admitted they were up "cleaning". He told me if it happens again, to call the police, get a report, and he will evict them

haller

Why should I have to alter my life because other people are doing :censored2: they aren't supposed to be doing, especially early in the morning? I have never taken sleeping pills and I am not going to start because other people are inconsiderate.

I did forget to mention I talked to my landlord again and he did talk to they and they even admitted they were up "cleaning". He told me if it happens again, to call the police, get a report, and he will evict them

Nah i don't recommend sleeping pills, but i did add Nyquil in my edit. Good luck i hope that useless landlord comes through.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am 100% ready. A nice 4 bedroom home in my city is only about 200k so my mortgage payments wont be too much more than the rent I'm paying now. I'll just have to get cable, internet, etc.
Just be sure you're staying there. We bought a house just for the sake of buying. Pissed just as much money away as renting.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Sounds like you took care of it yourself. Stay on the landlord. Threaten to sue him if he doesn't take any action. You have a right to a peaceful existence at home.

Brisket

Well if it come down to it I will take them and/or my landlord to court if I have to for violating my right to quiet enjoyment, but I'd rather not go through all that

Be careful, because regardless of the outcome, you may end up having to move because the landlord may not let you renew your lease.

Brisket

Legal answer would be great
Try the local tv stations where they have the consumer reporters that 'work for you', they can also put pressure on the landlord and you should be rid of the problem.

Have you tried asking other neighbors if they have a problem with them too? If you aren't the only one with the problem, the consumer reporter may be the best bet.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Several years ago there was a house being built right next door to our bedroom and I slept during the day so we had to think of something fast.

We used two big fans for white noise , used some soft ear plugs , and took some nyquil or benedryl to fall asleep. This worked pretty well most of the time .

Legal maneuvers probably won't work , just make things worse. You can google revenge tactics for noisy neighbors but that probably won't end well either. It will start a war.

Try the white noise and ear plug thing. If that doesn't work , you may have to rent a room out in the country somewhere. You can work for some of your rent taking care of a place. I lived rent free in the country back in the 70's caretaking a place. We even lived in a RV for a time in a parking lot near work for 3 years while saving up the down payment on our house.

There is a solution if you think outside the box.

good luck and let us know if something worked for you.

BrownArmy

Keep calling the cops.

Eventually they'll get so sick of you calling in your (legitimate) claim that they'll deal with the problem.

Here's another 'legal' option:

Move.

Or, be proactive.

Make these people's lives worse than yours.

If you're certain that you want to be 'legal', it occurs to me that your upstairs neighbors, strictly speaking, aren't following the same code; they're not 'legal'.

Would you like to be 'correct' and 'legal', or would you like some sleep?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Everybody seems to be forgetting that OP has other neighbors besides the ones above him. People above may be smile* heads, but the others around him shouldn't suffer as well.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Several years ago there was a house being built right next door to our bedroom and I slept during the day so we had to think of something fast.

We used two big fans for white noise , used some soft ear plugs , and took some nyquil or benedryl to fall asleep. This worked pretty well most of the time .

Legal maneuvers probably won't work , just make things worse. You can google revenge tactics for noisy neighbors but that probably won't end well either. It will start a war.

Try the white noise and ear plug thing. If that doesn't work , you may have to rent a room out in the country somewhere. You can work for some of your rent taking care of a place. I lived rent free in the country back in the 70's caretaking a place. We even lived in a RV for a time in a parking lot near work for 3 years while saving up the down payment on our house.

There is a solution if you think outside the box.

good luck and let us know if something worked for you.

Rent a room out in the country somewhere
Are you serious?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
When I was working pre load I would get off around 845 then go
Home and sleep for a couple hours then work 2pm to 11 then sleep from midnight to 3 am...NyQuil was my best friend...gave me awesome dreams too