Need more hours

Over 70

I just want a daily 11-12hr planned day.

I get it man. I'm an OT whore at my new job. I save/invest 100% of my OT so I'm trying to pile it on while I can and slow down later. We live under our means which makes OT much more tolerable for me because I know I don't need it and it's just more gravy in the pot. A mental thing I guess. UPS was definitely more of a mental grind though.

During this winter I had one 2 week check with 110 hours of overtime and almost 40 hours of that was double time. So around 96 hours/week. Ended up being about 6 weeks of pay in 2.

Flip side is I can say no thanks whenever I want, once UPS piles it on you, it might be hard to change it.

ManInBrown

I worked 57 hours this week and still won’t make as much as you guys at top scale that worked under 46 hours. :angry:Once I reach that, I’ll have no problem working OT lol.
Uncle Sam will have something to say about that. Top rate is great but get ready to bend over. You won’t be bringing home as much as you think.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I battled it out with them, they wont change my planned day. Sometimes they send me to help others, but thats only once a week usually

We don't want you out 12 hours a day, its not worth the risk.

We sure as hell don't want to sit around waiting on you to get back either, neither does the clerk, carwash and anyone else waiting to call it a day.

MrBates

We don't want you out 12 hours a day, its not worth the risk.

We sure as hell don't want to sit around waiting on you to get back either, neither does the clerk, carwash and anyone else waiting to call it a day.

I have to agree with dragon. Waiting for a driver to come in after a 12 hour day has a domino effect where the center has to pay extra time to the loaders, air drivers, clerks, etc.

Management here tends to dispatch the heavier 11-12 hour days to the runners who they know will get it done in 10. For UPS it's a good business move that makes the supes look good, and they get to go home earlier.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to agree with dragon. Waiting for a driver to come in after a 12 hour day has a domino effect where the center has to pay extra time to the loaders, air drivers, clerks, etc.

Management here tends to dispatch the heavier 11-12 hour days to the runners who they know will get it done in 10. For UPS it's a good business move that makes the supes look good, and they get to go home earlier.

We have cut off times to get our air and/or ground back to the center. We also use meet points to get the pickups back in time to make the pull.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby

Also the safety of the driver after 10 or 11 hours becomes a big issue...... lol

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Remember in a bonus center you could be back after 10 hours and still paid for 12. Those routes are slowly going away and being replaced where no one can bonus anymore.
Right. Routes I use to cover were an easy .85 or more of bonus are now .3 or less What Happened CIR and a bunch of Mumbo Jumbo

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Used to be rewarded for working hard and smart. Now your reward is more hard work and being treated like you are too dumb to make a smart business decision.
Our center was one of the first to get that piece of :censored2: orion and we have treated it like a red headed step child from day one. Our management tried to enforce it on us for about a month and then told us 85 percent would do and then just said first stop. After the first peak with that BS they don't even bring it up What a waste