Need tips for air ramp

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Skipper1, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Skipper1

Skipper1 New Member

Hi all I am in my 4th week at UPS working on ramp. I am having trouble deciding what direction to push UDL off dolly onto k loader, what locks to pull up and having trouble getting the locks to come up. I find I have to wiggle them hard sometimes. Any tips to doing these things easier and faster? Any employee handbooks out there detailing the steps to loading and unloading the planes? Any help I'd appreciated as information on Google and U Tube seems scarce. Thanks!

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Are you the only person working on that ramp?

3. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Dont stand on the runway when that big thing with wings is landing

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Ask your supe what the rules are about working when there is thunder and lightening.
    I know of an incident of lightening striking the thing that lifts the igloos up to the plane.
    The next day there was a "help wanted" ad in the local newspaper for that third party employer.

5. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

I prefer the darkening strike, less racist

6. BootsOnTarmac

BootsOnTarmac Active Member

Skipper1, have you received any training? ULD - Unit Load Device. You push it onto the Loader when loading the plane and onto the Dollie when offloading the plane. Yes the locks can be troubling sometimes, do you have the strength to pull them up and drop them down? Your questions lead me to believe you need to get off the ramp immediately before you get hurt or hurt somebody. Try Jimmy Johns.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Jimmy Johns helps you load and unload planes?

8. BootsOnTarmac

BootsOnTarmac Active Member

At least the OP would be off the ramp. Duh!

9. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

they have knives

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Skipper1

Skipper1 New Member

I should have known this thread was going to produce :censored2: answers! No stupid, Jimmy John's is not in my future. I'm doing a good job there and I'm in college working towards a degree. Take your sarcastic answers and shove them!

11. rustys954rr

rustys954rr Member

You need to be a little more specific, there are locks everywhere. Are you talking about spinning cans before they go on to the k loader?

12. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Take it easy when you're rolling those cans into the trailers, I'm trying to get some sleep.