Preloader first day tips and expectations

DBleck97

So I just watched about an hour of extraordinarily dry humored videos for hazmat. I start chucking at 4 am this morning. What can I expect and do you have any tips to make my life easier. I'm told ill have three trucks to load. No idea how many pieces per truck. Or if they will be there all at once? I've only been in the office and down the belt after preloaded hours are up. I'm video trained and have the royal tour in my resume. Why do I feel like I'm going in blind? Haaalp me please.

So I just watched about an hour of extraordinarily dry humored videos for hazmat. I start chucking at 4 am this morning. What can I expect and do you have any tips to make my life easier. I'm told ill have three trucks to load. No idea how many pieces per truck. Or if they will be there all at once? I've only been in the office and down the belt after preloaded hours are up. I'm video trained and have the royal tour in my resume. Why do I feel like I'm going in blind? Haaalp me please.
You do realize there's like 7,000 threads about the same thing you're talking about?
If you make it here two weeks I'll respond to you again

PPH_over_9000

First day's gonna be pretty simple, bud, just work as directed. Do what your supe' tells you to, and follow the lead of the guys and gals around you that seem to know what they're doing.

After a day or two, come back with some specific questions. For now, though, you really don't have anything to worry about. They'll tell you what they want you to do, and if you're lucky someone might even demonstrate for you. The best tip I can think of to give someone about to start their first day is to dress appropriately and comfortably, and look into getting yourself some steel-toed footwear for work because heavy :censored2: will fall on your feet.