Needing time off early on

Nildog

Hello! I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it. I would really like to apply to my local hub in a month or so. There is usually job listings open at this hub, but up until a few weeks ago, there was no listings up, so I'd like to jump on the opportunity. However, my family has a vacation planned for 2 weeks at the beginning of July. Would this be something that they would be understanding of if I told them at the interview, or would they view this as a red flag? Thanks.

Indecisi0n

Hmmm thought call. Not go on a vacation and have a full time career with good pay, security, health benefits and retirement or go hang out at the beach. Damn, I really don't know.

-me moooo -nancy

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Hello! I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it. I would really like to apply to my local hub in a month or so. There is usually job listings open at this hub, but up until a few weeks ago, there was no listings up, so I'd like to jump on the opportunity. However, my family has a vacation planned for 2 weeks at the beginning of July. Would this be something that they would be understanding of if I told them at the interview, or would they view this as a red flag? Thanks.
A new hire with no senority wanting a 2 week vacation at the Beginning of July? :lol:
Better wait to apply.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

do you want to work or go with mom and dad on vacation

it’s up to you

542thruNthru

I would have to say NO. July is a pretty sought after month and time off goes by seniority. Even if they tell you yes I wouldn't believe HR because they don't get to make that decision.

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
Staff member
HR will say there is no problem. The week before your vacation, you will double-check with your supe and the supe will say, "If you go, you are fired."

That is how it played out at my center a couple of years ago.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Apply after vacation. Let mom and dad foot the bill for vacation.

Robretro

Most vacation places won’t be open in July this year.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I would have to say NO. July is a pretty sought after month and time off goes by seniority. Even if they tell you yes I wouldn't believe HR because they don't get to make that decision.
Can I get free socks , transfer to Ca then bump you out of your vacations ? Asking for a friend