Nepotism at it's finest

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Misthios, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

Lay on your back you rookie

2. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

Who cares. The poor kid is about to get destroyed by UPS senority, especially since every old di** driver will know he's riding daddy's coattails. Let him have an easy packet, it's all uphill from there

3. badpal

badpal Active Member

This is why UPS should have never ended the no relative policy.

4. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

Yeah, but we’d have no eligible employees in Kentucky....

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. badpal

badpal Active Member

Great aunt Hattie falls and breaks her hip on the ice walking back from the outhouse and half the center wants to take a day off.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

Don't forget Alabama

7. Misthios

Didn't know that was a policy at one point.

8. badpal

badpal Active Member

Oh it was written in stone 20 or 30 years ago, not sure exact year they changed it. I had a cousin two states away they wouldnt hire because he mentionned i worked here.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

So how do you know that the Dad ran 25 stops out of his car? Are you sure no one went and helped him? Who tweaked the ORION? Not the DAD believe me.

There is no way the trainee would still be driving the next day...

Change my mind....

10. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You need to get out of the office more

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Misthios

Nope it was his dad. When the supervisor riding with him tells you that and freely tells people that then it's fact. His dad is the one fixing Orion everyday. Tweaking everything and preload supervisors are grooming his truck daily to make sure it's perfect stop for stop.

12. Observer

Observer Active Member

You obviously don't work in this hub. This guy is not making this stuff up.

13. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

Calling bs on this thread

14. Misthios

My friend I wish it was fake.

15. LarryBird

LarryBird Well-Known Member

If this is true, you should talk to your steward, and he should verify this with the supervisor that told you in a manner that suggests it's just regular chit-chat, and then he should escalate this to the BA once he's verified it.

The BA can come in and talk with management about how great their new mentorship program for present and future qualifying drivers is, and thank them for setting a new generation of teamsters up for success - I would think that a DQ might be in this kids future after it's established that these things happened to/for him, and they will/have not happened for other people whose parents don't work in corporate.

16. thecamel

thecamel Waiting to put the re in front of tired

No way. One of the "PARTNERS" would never do anything like that. Change your mind, LOL!!!!

17. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Or,you could MYOB

18. badpal

badpal Active Member

If true, the kid aint gonna be in the package car long anyway, Prolly be your dispatch sup this peak. Then he can regale you with stories about his days in package.

19. LarryBird

LarryBird Well-Known Member

I'd be more concerned with keeping a fair and consistent workplace for the teamsters rank and file, than minding my own business, in this particular case.

Unless everyone who's qualifying will be receiving this leg up, and then I think it's fantastic, and I commend management for taking the necessary step to help the young drivers out and break them in easy.

20. brostalss

brostalss Well-Known Member

Who cares. Let him fail. Especially during Peak.