Nepotism at it's finest

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Who cares. The poor kid is about to get destroyed by UPS senority, especially since every old di** driver will know he's riding daddy's coattails. Let him have an easy packet, it's all uphill from there

badpal

We've hired a new driver in my center who happens to be the son of a big wig in IE. This guy since he has started has had his Orion changed and tweaked daily on his training route. His truck is loaded stop for stop perfectly with no exceptions. His dad is in our center every morning and after he gets back working on all these things to ensure he makes it. He even went as far as delivering 25 stops out of his personal vehicle this last Monday because his son was behind. I realize that's it's own separate issue. Now the rest of us cannot get this type of treatment much less even get IE to come fix our Orion issues without an act of God helping us out. Is there anything I can file to stop this? One it's wrong on so many levels and two he is setting this kid up for failure when he enters the real world of driving for UPS. We've asked him to fix our things but never does. I've spoken to management about it and my union steward is one foot out the door to retirement soon so he's no help. Central states supplemetal and local 135. If there is nothing I can do then do be it but I'm hopeful there is.
This is why UPS should have never ended the no relative policy.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We've hired a new driver in my center who happens to be the son of a big wig in IE. This guy since he has started has had his Orion changed and tweaked daily on his training route. His truck is loaded stop for stop perfectly with no exceptions. His dad is in our center every morning and after he gets back working on all these things to ensure he makes it. He even went as far as delivering 25 stops out of his personal vehicle this last Monday because his son was behind. I realize that's it's own separate issue. Now the rest of us cannot get this type of treatment much less even get IE to come fix our Orion issues without an act of God helping us out. Is there anything I can file to stop this? One it's wrong on so many levels and two he is setting this kid up for failure when he enters the real world of driving for UPS. We've asked him to fix our things but never does. I've spoken to management about it and my union steward is one foot out the door to retirement soon so he's no help. Central states supplemetal and local 135. If there is nothing I can do then do be it but I'm hopeful there is.

So how do you know that the Dad ran 25 stops out of his car? Are you sure no one went and helped him? Who tweaked the ORION? Not the DAD believe me.

There is no way the trainee would still be driving the next day...

Change my mind....

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
So how do you know that the Dad ran 25 stops out of his car? Are you sure no one went and helped him? Who tweaked the ORION? Not the DAD believe me.

Change my mind....

Nope it was his dad. When the supervisor riding with him tells you that and freely tells people that then it's fact. His dad is the one fixing Orion everyday. Tweaking everything and preload supervisors are grooming his truck daily to make sure it's perfect stop for stop.

LarryBird

My friend I wish it was fake.
If this is true, you should talk to your steward, and he should verify this with the supervisor that told you in a manner that suggests it's just regular chit-chat, and then he should escalate this to the BA once he's verified it.

The BA can come in and talk with management about how great their new mentorship program for present and future qualifying drivers is, and thank them for setting a new generation of teamsters up for success - I would think that a DQ might be in this kids future after it's established that these things happened to/for him, and they will/have not happened for other people whose parents don't work in corporate.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired

Change my mind....

No way. One of the "PARTNERS" would never do anything like that. Change your mind, LOL!!!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If this is true, you should talk to your steward, and he should verify this with the supervisor that told you in a manner that suggests it's just regular chit-chat, and then he should escalate this to the BA once he's verified it.

The BA can come in and talk with management about how great their new mentorship program for present and future qualifying drivers is, and thank them for setting a new generation of teamsters up for success - I would think that a DQ might be in this kids future after it's established that these things happened to/for him, and they will/have not happened for other people whose parents don't work in corporate.

Or,you could MYOB

LarryBird

Or,you could MYOB
I'd be more concerned with keeping a fair and consistent workplace for the teamsters rank and file, than minding my own business, in this particular case.

Unless everyone who's qualifying will be receiving this leg up, and then I think it's fantastic, and I commend management for taking the necessary step to help the young drivers out and break them in easy.

brostalss

Who cares. Let him fail. Especially during Peak.