Nepotism at it's finest

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
There is no such thing as a big wig in IE. I mean hell look at @FrigidFTSup
ECAB1775-C742-4669-9E63-3F166103E776.gif

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Nope it was his dad. When the supervisor riding with him tells you that and freely tells people that then it's fact. His dad is the one fixing Orion everyday. Tweaking everything and preload supervisors are grooming his truck daily to make sure it's perfect stop for stop.

I would be surprised if he makes the cut then...

Dr.Brownz

We've hired a new driver in my center who happens to be the son of a big wig in IE. This guy since he has started has had his Orion changed and tweaked daily on his training route. His truck is loaded stop for stop perfectly with no exceptions. His dad is in our center every morning and after he gets back working on all these things to ensure he makes it. He even went as far as delivering 25 stops out of his personal vehicle this last Monday because his son was behind. I realize that's it's own separate issue. Now the rest of us cannot get this type of treatment much less even get IE to come fix our Orion issues without an act of God helping us out. Is there anything I can file to stop this? One it's wrong on so many levels and two he is setting this kid up for failure when he enters the real world of driving for UPS. We've asked him to fix our things but never does. I've spoken to management about it and my union steward is one foot out the door to retirement soon so he's no help. Central states supplemetal and local 135. If there is nothing I can do then do be it but I'm hopeful there is.

Become the Steward and decimate them. It is your destiny

JL 0513

If the Dad did in fact run 25 stops for his son (with the son getting the credit) they would've both been walked out by the next morning.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Well somebody knows about it...

So do they both still work here?

Yes they both do. My intention was to file on it but got side tracked with things at home. It did however seem once this got posted up here it magically stopped. No more help, no fixing his Orion every morning and no more perfectly groomed trucks. I'm not saying this had anything to do with it but just asking a question seemed to have fixed it in a way.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Well somebody knows about it...

So do they both still work here?
The right person doesn't know about it. (Someone other than a lowly operations management person). The same thing is happening in my center. I just choose to let the management set a precedent for all new hires. Don't think I'm not keeping records. This will be fun.