New Amazon Package Car

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I got the impression that story says that an outside company that delivers for Amazon is laying off drivers. Maybe because they have their own now?

All the delivery companies are "outside". Amazon uses these 3rd party delivery companies, is slow paying invoices and throws them away if there is a lawsuit. Did you read where the one company had just taken delivery on over 100 new vans weeks before being dropped as a DSP? Amazon has all the power, pays peanuts and still has fools lining up to start a delivery company.

They are also hiding the names of these delivery companies to try and shield themselves from further liability. I read an article awhile back that said many times victims can't track down the drivers or delivery company owners because the vans aren't marked and all look too similar to distinguish.

Locally, we had the Sprinter vans show up 6-8 months ago. Some of these look like they spent time in a warzone...they are dented and scratched everywhere.

Johney

All the delivery companies are "outside". Amazon uses these 3rd party delivery companies, is slow paying invoices and throws them away if there is a lawsuit. Did you read where the one company had just taken delivery on over 100 new vans weeks before being dropped as a DSP? Amazon has all the power, pays peanuts and still has fools lining up to start a delivery company.

They are also hiding the names of these delivery companies to try and shield themselves from further liability. I read an article awhile back that said many times victims can't track down the drivers or delivery company owners because the vans aren't marked and all look too similar to distinguish.

Locally, we had the Sprinter vans show up 6-8 months ago. Some of these look like they spent time in a warzone...they are dented and scratched everywhere.
Yes I assume they are, but it appears they now are doing it all on their own as they are buying massive amounts of equipment. I see new Amazon vans on trailers every night now heading south towards the Amazon hub in Hialeah.

RTCD

Amazon leases the vans to 3rd party contractors who in turn employ the drivers.

At any given moment Amazon can simply yank the vans and contract away from the 3P contractor and simply give it all to a different contractor. The drivers hire on with the new 3P contractor and the whole show keeps on rolling.

So now the bankrupt and ousted 3P contractor is left holding all the liability and Amazon keeps on going as if nothing ever happened.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Ya or Nay??

EE1dQ9YXUAA8Slg
Looks like a real POS

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
That’s the electric vehicle. Evidently Benzos has ordered 100000 of them. Yeah, they are not a real threat

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Reading that article, those trucks won't even be on the road until 2021.

One hundred thousand, I wonder if that will be globally, or just here in the US?