new canuck holiday

DS

Fenderbender
Starting this Feb 18th we have a new statatory holiday that falls on the 3rd monday of February .Its called family day.I'll take it~it coincides with presidents day in the US.I think western Canada has had it a few years now.Australia does the same thing.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We need a Family Day down here too. If this country ever got it, I doubt that we would get it off. I'm very surprised with this four-day New Years holiday weekend.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
family Day eh? What an excellent idea! We should have one down here- south of our shared border. I've got another idea, how about all veterans, get Veterans Day off. It just doesn't seem right that a veteran has to work on Veterans Day. Doesn't that sound appropriate?:smart:

tieguy

Banned
family Day eh? What an excellent idea! We should have one down here- south of our shared border. I've got another idea, how about all veterans, get Veterans Day off. It just doesn't seem right that a veteran has to work on Veterans Day. Doesn't that sound appropriate?:smart:

absolutlely

family day sounds like a great idea

JustTired

free at last.......
They'd probably make it for a Sat. or Sun. knowing the influence corporate America has on Government. But, I guess if you got paid for it, it wouldn't be all bad.

DS

Fenderbender
We've been informed by mngmt that since this new holiday falls under provincial legislation and not federal,ups will not be observing it.
I E-mailed the president of our local teamsters and asked if this was the final word on this.I'll be surprised if he even gets back to me.Anyone with kids will have to arrange child care that day as schools will be closed.Some family day eh.

ups79

We've been informed by mngmt that since this new holiday falls under provincial legislation and not federal,ups will not be observing it.
I E-mailed the president of our local teamsters and asked if this was the final word on this.I'll be surprised if he even gets back to me.Anyone with kids will have to arrange child care that day as schools will be closed.Some family day eh.

What percent of those with children, have spouses that work where they will observe the holiday and be off to take care of the kids?