New center questions

RoadKill25

Our center is splitting into 2. Has anyone had any experiences with this? We are a few weeks away from this transition and it seems management and union have very little idea how this going to happen. Or they are just being as vague as possible. Specifically, who goes to the new center?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our center is splitting into 2. Has anyone had any experiences with this? We are a few weeks away from this transition and it seems management and union have very little idea how this going to happen. Or they are just being as vague as possible. Specifically, who goes to the new center?
Drivers usually follow their routes. Split drivers? Who knows. Our local reverts to original seniority date.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Yes

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We had a center split off along time ago.
If your route was part of the move you could either follow it or bump anybody jr to you ( didn’t seem right I thought you should bump the most jr driver ). most of the older guys chose to stay at the original center forcing the young guys to move to new center which was 25 miles away

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Franklin Park?

Thebrownblob

What if you don’t have an assigned route
Also depends on how far the away the new center is
Here we opened a new building and split a Center. Drivers with routes were allowed to follow their work. Split/cover drivers by seniority were allowed to decide whether to stay or go and they forced from the bottom as needed. If a driver chose not to follow his work he became an unassigned cover split driver, if a driver chose not to follow his work he became an unassigned split/cover driver in the current building.

RoadKill25

Here we opened a new building and split a Center. Drivers with routes were allowed to follow their work. Split/cover drivers by seniority were allowed to decide whether to stay or go and they forced from the bottom as needed. If a driver chose not to follow his work he became an unassigned cover split driver, if a driver chose not to follow his work he became an unassigned split/cover driver in the current building.
Currently, they are asking bid drivers if they want to follow their work. Any unassigned drivers must "transfer " to new center , including bid vacation coverage drivers which makes them lose their bidding seniority date. It seems like it should NOT be this way... Can I ask what area your centers split? I want to bring this precedent up to our local union

Thebrownblob

Currently, they are asking bid drivers if they want to follow their work. Any unassigned drivers must "transfer " to new center , including bid vacation coverage drivers which makes them lose their bidding seniority date. It seems like it should NOT be this way... Can I ask what area your centers split? I want to bring this precedent up to our local union
Article 38 in the national should help you.

Its_a_me

This happened in local 243 when Howell, MI opened in the mid 2010's. They had the choice to follow their work.