New Congress

floridays

Why were you disbarred?
I never said I am or have been, That is a creation in your mind.
I will say you would be quite uncomfortable if I had the opportunity(pleasure) to dispose you. Run with that wherever you choose to.:thumbup1::2guns:
And to respond to your post in in another, different thread, no, I wasn't going to admit to a felony, I have been an advocate. Can you understand that or is an illustration required? You got that?

bacha29

you stated that two thirds of the Medicaid budget went to nursing homes. I looked it up and found two sources that said the actual percentage was 20 or 21 percent. i'm not sure what this story about your friend has to do with rebutting the percentage you originally erroneously presented?
You really don't get it do you? The 20% is what goes to nursing homes to do what they do. They simply provide nursing and personal care services within a prescribed directive in accordance with a contracted service agreement with Medicaid if the patient is on Medicaid and somewhere around 62% of all nursing home patients nationwide are on Medicaid because they're own personal funds are exhausted.They feed them, clothe them clean and maintain a sanitary living environment provide a bed administer prescriptions but they do not write the prescriptions . When a resident needs acute or advanced care they go to the hospital. The hospital does not bill the nursing home. If the person is a Medicaid managed care patient it bills Medicaid direct.
So let's try this again: .......N U R S I N G H O M E.

newfie

You really don't get it do you? The 20% is what goes to nursing homes to do what they do. .

correct . you stated 60 percent . you apparently made that number up since it was actually 20 to 21 percent depending on the factual source you choose to believe.

Box Ox

I will say you would be quite uncomfortable if I had the opportunity(pleasure) to dispose you.

2135hqc.gif

bacha29

correct . you stated 60 percent . you apparently made that number up since it was actually 20 to 21 percent depending on the factual source you choose to believe.
From the CBO: Current Medicaid spending nursing home patients 42% of it's budget. However it also projects Medicaid spending to climbing from the current 389 billion to 650 billion by 2017 with the percentage going to care for elderly both at home and in a managed care facility expected to climb significantly.
In addition with the GOP proposing major Medicaid funding cuts in order to offset deficits ,some states in response are saying that they have ancient but still applicable laws on their books that can require other family members to assume responsibility for any uncovered bills that family member may incurred while in that nursing home.
In fact when we had to put our mother in a nursing home the admissions manager presented my brother with a cleverly crafted form that if he had signed he would have agreed to accept financial responsibility for her nursing home bill when her own funds ran out. Why? Medicaid reimbursements are not as high as what they could get from our mother or my brother if he had signed. Knowing that at that time such an action was banned by federal law he simply handed her a copy of the law and the matter was immediately dropped. But no one knows for certain how much longer the ban will be in place.

newfie

From the CBO: Current Medicaid spending nursing home patients 42% of it's budget. However it also projects Medicaid spending to climbing from the current 389 billion to 650 billion by 2017 with the percentage going to care for elderly both at home and in a managed care facility expected to climb significantly.
In addition with the GOP proposing major Medicaid funding cuts in order to offset deficits ,some states in response are saying that they have ancient but still applicable laws on their books that can require other family members to assume responsibility for any uncovered bills that family member may incurred while in that nursing home.
In fact when we had to put our mother in a nursing home the admissions manager presented my brother with a cleverly crafted form that if he had signed he would have agreed to accept financial responsibility for her nursing home bill when her own funds ran out. Why? Medicaid reimbursements are not as high as what they could get from our mother or my brother if he had signed. Knowing that at that time such an action was banned by federal law he simply handed her a copy of the law and the matter was immediately dropped. But no one knows for certain how much longer the ban will be in place.

Sorry no participation trophies . Your numbers were made up as I proved.

bacha29

What @newfie fails to understand is that Medicaid spending on nursing home patients is 42% of it's budget. About another 20% is directly to the nursing home.
Some people will never be moved from their belief that Medicaid is just another government handout going to people who are gaming the system.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pelosi said she has 85 investigations involving Trump and his peeps...…..seems to me she just promised her constituents she would do healthcare...….she lied!! She's gonna be focused on investigation only and she says it's not political......she's a comic too!

newfie

Some people will never be moved from their belief that Medicaid is just another government handout going to people who are gaming the system.
Nothing to do with your fabricated belief which was not what I said but your fabricated numbers which I clearly disproved. You know you're screwed up when sporty comes out of his drug induced stupor to try to save you from your thrashing.