New Contract raises for someone with 5 years.

mikejonesjr

Lets not forget that someone hired in 2 months from now if they were to gain 5 years seniority, will make the same as a new hire in 2023. Its so weird.

Days

Narlis

on a side note i started at 8.50 in 2002

what do you make now? if you dont mind me asking

when they increased the wage to 10 dollars, they kind of fudged the numbers, making it look good, bc we lost the 90 day raise and the over all raises for new hires were very low, so it balanced things out

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
what do you make now? if you dont mind me asking

when they increased the wage to 10 dollars, they kind of fudged the numbers, making it look good, bc we lost the 90 day raise and the over all raises for new hires were very low, so it balanced things out

Days

Yes catch up raises were included in previous contracts even if it was a small bump in starting wage. Which is why it's weird to have a 3-5.50 starting wage increase with no catch up.

Narlis

Yes catch up raises were included in previous contracts even if it was a small bump in starting wage. Which is why it's weird to have a 3-5.50 starting wage increase with no catch up.

yeah im shocked the union would allow this, they were fighting for 25 cent catch up each year which i thought was way to low even....

the $5.5 increase in pay for new hires is more than our actual raises over the 5 years!!!

Days

Well ya there's progression but people with more seniority were given more money. Something that isn't present in the new contract

mikejonesjr

Well ya there's progression but people with more seniority were given more money. Something that isn't present in the new contract
That is what progression is, for those who werent hired in before the last contract started. It carried into the new contract on the updated progression pay rates, not necessarily a catch up but it acted like it. So if you had 4 years in and the new progression was say $15 at 4 years seniority then you would jump up to that automatically.

Days

Ok so you're right that the next contract would be a loss of progression or the lack of a catch up. I think the sad part is that if you don't look at the start rates, current part timers are actually getting a pay cut of 10 cents compated to pre-loaders in 2013. If someone has worked here for 9 years at this moment they'd be making 16.70 while in 2023 it'd be 16.60.

Last edited: