New Corporate Package Car Training

Corralz

Yeah im from the hub. This is a totally new thing they are doing. Have to take a shuttle from the hotel to and from the hub

fres431

So i passed my driving test and now im gonna start training next week apparently. They are making us stay at a hotel for the duration of training. Its the first week my hub has tried this. I'm excited but it seems extreme to keep us at a hotel
Ya wait till they pay food per dium travel time plus mileage on your car and hotels. I don't see it lasting to long

O

OLDMAN3

Do you get paid for the shuttle time? Just be aware there is some motive behind them putting you up in a hotel. After you make your probationary period you will need to go through deprogramming. Be a model citizen at the hotel. Your behavior there may well be part of their evaluation process.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
.....he's going to integrad. I went 6.5 years ago. It's actually a pretty chill environment. Buffet breakfast, dinner is provided by the hotel, and they feed you during class. It's not all bad. I enjoyed my week there, it was a mini-vacation

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ya wait till they pay food per dium travel time plus mileage on your car and hotels. I don't see it lasting to long

You think UPS' accountants haven't thought of that? I went 6+ years ago, and I think that "school" was open for a year at that point. It's not going anywhere, junior

O

OLDMAN3

I literally had a drill Sargent for training in the 1980s. Chill environment it was not.

ibleedbrown

by chance would this be where they made u stay?
screenshot_2013-03-27-11-25-12.png

fres431

You think UPS' accountants haven't thought of that? I went 6+ years ago, and I think that "school" was open for a year at that point. It's not going anywhere, junior
Ya well when a coworker of mine went last year it cost them 1200 plus labor and mileage I can't see them paying that for each new driver when they can train locally like they have.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ya well when a coworker of mine went last year it cost them 1200 plus labor and mileage I can't see them paying that for each new driver when they can train locally like they have.

They ARE doing this. This is the "new" method of training drivers. If it were so expensive they would have cut it before it was an established program for 6+ years.

If you knew your husband/wife was cheating on you, would you wait 5 years for them to continue to screw you over, or would you go after them right away? Same idea

fres431

They ARE doing this. This is the "new" method of training drivers. If it were so expensive they would have cut it before it was an established program for 6+ years.

If you knew your husband/wife was cheating on you, would you wait 5 years for them to continue to screw you over, or would you go after them right away? Same idea
Well I may wait if there's another incentive kick in yup! So where are these training centers? I heard there's one in southern ca. So ups going to send people from Sacramento to LA for training? They have to pay travel time

wayfair

swollen member
We don't have Integrad, I don't think... but they trained some new drivers here from small towns back in November. The guy that rode with me was being put up at a hotel with a food per diem.... he is 46 years old and has been with the company(at that time) for 3 weeks, started on pre load.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We don't have Integrad, I don't think... but they trained some new drivers here from small towns back in November. The guy that rode with me was being put up at a hotel with a food per diem.... he is 46 years old and has been with the company(at that time) for 3 weeks, started on pre load.
I started driving in my late 30s.

Packmule

All I got was a few books on how to fill out paper delivery records, then a three day ride and cut loose.
I'm still trying to find Clarksville!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I had 3 days of sheetwriting school, then, 3 days with a sup. After that, sink or swim on your own.

SCV good to go sir.

Got to love how UPS is going all out in expenses to train new drivers, but they continue to cut routes and cram as many boxes as possible per truck so that they don't have to use them to reduce costs.

If I didn't work for this company, I'd be laughing my ass off.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never had ANY UPS schooling and believe me they got tired of me using that excuse time after time. I went directly from part time car washer/clerk/receiving counter to full time driver overnight. District Manager (yes DM) trained me on delivery as we went.