New Day Time Shift

Shift 2

Im talking about the part time shift
It’s called noon day shift in the south it’s from 11am - 3pm or 12pm-4pm. It’s not new it’s just mostly in bigger hubs. My hub only has 4 metro docks and 2 different centers and we have the normal twilight, midnight and preload. Is there something stating that all centers will have a noon day sort somewhere?

mikejonesjr

It’s called noon day shift in the south it’s from 11am - 3pm or 12pm-4pm. It’s not new it’s just mostly in bigger hubs. My hub only has 4 metro docks and 2 different centers and we have the normal twilight, midnight and preload. Is there something stating that all centers will have a noon day sort somewhere?
Oh ok. No I dont know about all centers I just know it is coming to my hub soon so I was curious.

Any info on this new 11am shift? Has it started for anyone yet and what does it entail exactly? How many hours etc. Thanks
My Hub used to have a day sort that worked Sunday thru Thursday. Sunday would be almost 8 hours while Monday was a lay off for half of the sort. Mostly sorted Second day air. Ended last year when UPS moved the volume to Rockford.

polyp

The job listing for my hub has the following sorts

Shift: Sunrise (4:00 AM - 9:30 AM)
Day (10:00 AM - 4:30 PM)
Twilight (4:30 PM - 10:30 PM)
Night (11:00 PM - 4:00 AM)
Other 2 (4:30 PM - 3:00 AM)

Our day sort is very established. Over time every day. Higher seniority workforce than twi. Similar volume to twi. Less staffing.

mikejonesjr

The job listing for my hub has the following sorts

Our day sort is very established. Over time every day. Higher seniority workforce than twi. Similar volume to twi. Less staffing.
Thanks. What does day shift do? Is it similar hours to preload or fewer like twilignt

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Oh ok. No I dont know about all centers I just know it is coming to my hub soon so I was curious.
Get ready for seniority violations out the wazoo. Once we put in the day sort this summer, over half the midnight and half the twi wanted to jump on it. BA allowed UPS to staff entirely with new hires, then started allowing transfers.

dudebro

Might be a peak only sort, in which case I wouldn't think too many Twi and night senior employees would want to transfer to the day sort just to go back to their original sort on Jan 10.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Any info on this new 11am shift? Has it started for anyone yet and what does it entail exactly? How many hours etc. Thanks
OK, here are some details...

-Shift starts at 11.

-Shift will run until they are done.

-Twilight starts around 5:50, so do the math.

-Preload is done and it is not the Twilight shift, so figure out what the shift entails?

polyp

Yeah, there's no such thing as a standard hub experience. It depends a lot on management, building design, and how blown out of the water the building is on design vs actual volume. So, uh, how old is your hub? Does management only kinda cook the books, or are they dropping zeros off their beltstop numbers? Is this a seasonal sort? That'd be pretty laid back. We invest zero effort in seasonal anything.

Like, I can tell you that during peak our daysort will show up at 9:30 and spend 15-30 minutes getting paid to wait for preload to leave and the centers to get their drivers out so we can reset and start operations. And then you'll leave when you bump into twilight.

But we are an older building, with a good chunk of it offline for an expansion. The inbound still has most of their doors and we push the same amount of flow. Our expansion should have been online by now, but isn't. Because corporate isn't together enough to standardize this. Some of our new inclines? Too steep for the irreg mules to get up. Their location? The path the mules are supposed to run.

It all depends.