New delivery service rolling out march 1rst?

talkwith

It wouldn't surprise me because we already have business accounts that we can only deliver withing a 2-3 hour window. However, drivers get around it by delivering the packages before the window, pre-recording and then hitting stop complete during the window. In the case of residential stops it would have to be for signature required packages only because the same thing would happen. Some drivers would fake signatures, knowing that most customers don't care and just want their package, others would catch someone at the house outside the window, get a signature, pre-record it and stop complete it during the window. UPS would lose money offering that service to residential customers. It would increase miles, fuel consumption and overtime, especially for rural areas. Oh wait...I'm using common sense. Nevermind, they will probably have it soon. Gotta keep that stock price up.

UPSGUY72

FedEx ground already offers this service.
My guess is that's why UPS is "chasing" the idea.
The FedEx infrastructure makes the "logistics" of this service perhaps a bit more feasible for them.
I personally don't see how UPS possibly believes they can squeeze anymore from our day.
Reality is I know they do.
With every new attempt, I find my days run into my evenings and my evenings into my nights.
Big winner, my paycheck.
Big loser, my family life.
Bottom line is I will not work any harder and any new expectations of me will result in disappointment as I am on the downward spiral of an aging "industrial athlete".

Have you ever seen the back of there cars at 10-11 in the morning they are empty. No wonder why they can provide that service they have no packages to deliver.

FedEx ground already offers this service.
My guess is that's why UPS is "chasing" the idea.
The FedEx infrastructure makes the "logistics" of this service perhaps a bit more feasible for them.
I personally don't see how UPS possibly believes they can squeeze anymore from our day.
Reality is I know they do.
With every new attempt, I find my days run into my evenings and my evenings into my nights.
Big winner, my paycheck.
Big loser, my family life.
Bottom line is I will not work any harder and any new expectations of me will result in disappointment as I am on the downward spiral of an aging "industrial athlete".
If your bored in the evening give me a call. I love to here from you and I'm also working.

packageguy

they would be just wasting time and gas. how can they make serious money. think about it drive 7 miles this way 10 miles that way 2 miles this way. you get there they are not home. that would be a big joke. let them waste there time and money.

Sounds like something UPS would do. We have no air drivers in the morning, and we have to break route to make oca's every day. Making us break route again, maybe multiple times during the day, will just further delay our return to building and cause my paycheck to have over 70 stickers on it.