New DIAD Punch-In Screen, July-2019

ThePackageDeli

So youre risking your job just so you don't show late. Smart.

I would agree with you under every circumstance except for when your posted start time says "On call". If you get called in at 915 and you arrive at 945... it's not fair (and management would agree that its not fair) that you receive an occurrence. In that situation you would set your start time to 950 and all is right with the world. This scenario may no longer be so simple moving forward and that's what I don't appreciate.

JustDeliverIt

On Mondays we start at 8:30, board says 9:10. Rest of the week I work with new loaders and start at 8:40. I change my start time literally every day. Not dealing with telling an OMS every day to adjust it for me, that's just stupid.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Really no suprise they keep throwing things out the window like sequence, RDO, and personal timecard adjustments. UPS might as well sign off as police academy. Fill out the forms and follow them exactly!

WTFm8

TF you mean it takes away adjusting code/start time?

You type your username and password in, hit Y then it authenticates, then it comes up with old screen and you put your ID in and can hit enter or arrows to adjust time and paycode just like before.

JustDeliverIt

you've always been relying on them by the end of the day anyways

I get that. But unless you ask them to look at something, at least where I am, they typically don't go into your time card and mess with things. At least with mine, I have always kept a close eye on my times from preload until now.

If I don't have the ability to properly set my start time based on my morning extra work every morning, it is just going to create a hassle. And honestly, an unnecessary one. For the few that are changing it to not show up late or whatever, it is going to end up costing those of us who are adjusting it because we need to.

ThePackageDeli

TF you mean it takes away adjusting code/start time?

You type your username and password in, hit Y then it authenticates, then it comes up with old screen and you put your ID in and can hit enter or arrows to adjust time and paycode just like before.

The original screen is going away in a week or two. It's only in place temporarily until people get their UPSers passwords straightened out.

brostalss

The new DIAD punch-in screen came to our center out of nowhere and without warning this month. Not only does it create more of a hassle, but it takes away the driver's ability to personally adjust both the start time AND the pay code. Does this seem like a big deal to anyone else? Does this mean that everyone can now be permanently placed into the 05 paycode unless specifically changed by the OMS? I don't like it...

Your thoughts?

Seems like someone took advantage of being able to change start time and pay code and got caught. Now we all have to pay the price.

Same thing happen a number or years ago when some drivers figured out how to put a special code in the special accounts section and get major bonus production.

Johney

Same thing happen a number or years ago when some drivers figured out how to put a special code in the special accounts section and get major bonus production.
I remember that, special counts 1 or 2 or A or B something like that. We were told to use that for o/s package p/u. I had a heavy p/u run at the time and was getting two hours a day bonus.

upsgrunt

Back when we could enter the number of over 70's in special counts for deliveries, a guy I work with thought that you put the weight in there, instead of the count. That lasted a day. LOL
I'm talking mad bonus!

upsgrunt

Ain't that the truth- with everything. Stealing time will get us fired, but seems to be SOP for management.

While I'm on this kick; First they took our turkeys, then it was the years of service/ safe driving awards, then it was the circle of honor banquets, then the safety cookouts, now they are stealing allowance time from us. What's next? Hopefully they steal from management next so they can eat that :censored2: sandwich for change. Every time we get a raise, I make less money. Soooo glad I'm near the end.

542thruNthru

Back when we could enter the number of over 70's in special counts for deliveries, a guy I work with thought that you put the weight in there, instead of the count. That lasted a day. LOL
I'm talking mad bonus!

Had someone do it here also. He was pulled in the office and accused of dishonesty because he had 229 over 70s in his board lol.

Fragile

Right, I agree. But what happens if your start time is 900 and you arrive to work at 903? As it stands now, you can change your start time to 905 and no late will show up on paper.

FYI - And for those of you who don't actually know this already, if you punch in late you do NOT get paid from the scheduled start time but from the minute you punch in. Using the above example, you would get paid starting from 903 and NOT 900.

LOL Really??

I know two drivers that did this crap and got fired. Not even a arbitrator could help them.