New Employee Questions?

AMPNG88

Hey, I have just started at UPS in Upstate NY, I was wondering what my growth oppurtunitues are and how long they will take to achieve?

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Although I have no experience in Upstate New York, what you should do is express interest, work hard, be honest, get noticed, do well, and you will be rewarded at work.

You should then come back here & read the negative replies you get from this post, see how many of the posters here are clearly negative old-time UPS employee's wishing to retire, and you will be rewarded yet again because you didn't throw in the towel before you started, as they suggested.

drewed

Shankman
Although I have no experience in Upstate New York, what you should do is express interest, work hard, be honest, get noticed, do well, and you will be rewarded at work.

You should then come back here & read the negative replies you get from this post, see how many of the posters here are clearly negative old-time UPS employee's wishing to retire, and you will be rewarded yet again because you didn't throw in the towel before you started, as they suggested.

SHHH BBAG sometimes you bring that stuff on yourself 'cough cough' like now lol:peaceful::peaceful:

Watertown_Hub

:greedy:
My light hasn't been green for years.

Well it sure seems it has been green this past year alot. You have been posting for a year now with a advg. of over 7 posts a day = 2,395 posts in about a year.. You do the math..
I may be new here to posting, but have been reading on here for a while. Your posts are usualy just putting down others, etc..:knockedout:I can't remember reading a thread that you really actualy helped anyone out lately.
Sorry, just my 2 cents.
But, sad people must vent on others.:angry:
I understand and I can feel you pain.:greedy:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am known as a straight shooter and usually preface my replies with "This may not be what you want to hear, but..." I would like to think that I have had some worthwhile advice to offer during my short time here and invite you to visit the following threads:

Revenue Recovery
Pharmacy Delivery Procedure in DIAD
COM/RES Toggle in DIAD
401k Questions

I do have little patience for those who do little more than whine and complain or for those who are so hard-core Union that they fail to use common sense or those who do "just enough" to get the job done. If that makes me come off as someone who is simply venting than I have to respectfully disagree with you.

I have to admit that I hadn't realized that I was nearing 2400 posts in just under a year. Well, my kids are grown and on their own and I find BC a great way to unwind after a long day at work. I have also picked up quite a few tips (RES/COM toggle in DIAD) during my time here.

Welcome to Brown Cafe. I hope you enjoy your stay and look forward to your contributions to the discussion here.

barnyard

KTM rider
I think that Upstate presents a pretty realistic view as a UPSer. And I have found a bunch of his/her posts to be useful. But then, I've been actually working at UPS....

TB