New England Region Sixth Day Time and a Half?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In MA, all employees in the State get 1.5 rate on Sundays required by law. Although they just passed new legislation to faise it out as a concession to going to a $15/ hr minimum wage.
part-timers do not get 1.5x on Sundays at UPS in MA. I am aware of the state law as well as the contract. It's "phase" not faise, lol.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
IIRC when they added a Sunday sort, UPS didn't want to pay 1.5x and it was grandfathered that only FT get OT on Sunday as a normal Sun-Thu. punch. Ritchie R. sold out members in that instance

I have no idea about any other hubs that run a Sunday sort or offer Sunday work in MA, maybe there are side deals other locals worked out.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
IIRC when they added a Sunday sort, UPS didn't want to pay 1.5x and it was grandfathered that only FT get OT on Sunday as a normal Sun-Thu. punch. Ritchie R. sold out members in that instance

I have no idea about any other hubs that run a Sunday sort or offer Sunday work in MA, maybe there are side deals other locals worked out.
The contract can’t circumvent state law. Call OSHA hour and wage devision

623STEWARD

If you're in NE. @wide load might be able to help you. If you are not then we need to know your supplement.
Wide load does not know much. He only knows what Sean wants him to know. He’s has no mind of his own . He admits he has no clue how his pension is calculated. He also has no clue how his fund went bankrupt before the central states. FACT

Attachments

• 004DF98C-6B2C-46DA-B0CB-1DC49E7B9D99.jpeg
    004DF98C-6B2C-46DA-B0CB-1DC49E7B9D99.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 189

JL 0513

part-timers do not get 1.5x on Sundays at UPS in MA. I am aware of the state law as well as the contract. It's "phase" not faise, lol.

UPS doesn't get to break the law. If they're working Sunday for some reason (they never do in my center), UPS has to pay time and a half.

wide load

Wide load does not know much. He only knows what Sean wants him to know. He’s has no mind of his own . He admits he has no clue how his pension is calculated. He also has no clue how his fund went bankrupt before the central states. FACT
A response when one doesn’t feel like getting into. I know the history of the fund. I know there were 58 trucking companies contributing to the fund. Almost all out of business except for a dozen. So you tell me what happen to the fund. But you want to blame a guy that inherited an issue? What chemicals are in the water on Hog Island?

623STEWARD

A response when one doesn’t feel like getting into. I know the history of the fund. I know there were 58 trucking companies contributing to the fund. Almost all out of business except for a dozen. So you tell me what happen to the fund. But you want to blame a guy that inherited an issue? What chemicals are in the water on Hog Island?

All the same here in my fund. You think you are the only one with those issues ?
I can blame Sean and the rest of the old guard for not bringing in new members as they sold out the current members.
What a smart fund did was make changes before it’s too late. Your fund obviously let it go down.
Happy thanksgiving brother.
Where is turkey dinner today ? In laws ?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
UPS doesn't get to break the law. If they're working Sunday for some reason (they never do in my center), UPS has to pay time and a half.
no, Sunday sort is paid at straight time unless you are full-time. Seeing as I worked Sunday-Thursday, I might have a better idea than you do. Maybe it's time to step away and ask questions, instead of guessing and therefore arguing something you are unaware of.

Working on Sundays and Holidays ("Blue Laws") The Massachusetts Blue Laws control hours of operation for certain businesses and require some businesses to pay extra compensation (known as "premium pay") on Sundays and some legal holidays.

The Massachusetts Blue Laws control which businesses may legally operate on Sundays and some legal holidays. Various retail and non-retail businesses are allowed to operate on those days, but some retailers must pay premium pay to workers. Special rules also apply to factories and mills and to the sale of alcoholic beverages.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A response when one doesn’t feel like getting into. I know the history of the fund. I know there were 58 trucking companies contributing to the fund. Almost all out of business except for a dozen. So you tell me what happen to the fund.
Why would any of that make any difference, unless these pension funds were/are being run like a Ponzi scheme, masked by a clever term like "ongoing liability"???

Nobody has been able to explain to me how if Joe's Trucking is in business for 75 years and decides to close his doors, and has made all of his contractual obligations to the pension fund listed when he closes the doors, why Joe would have "continuing liability".....unless the pension fund is being run like a Ponzi scheme.

wide load

All the same here in my fund. You think you are the only one with those issues ?
I can blame Sean and the rest of the old guard for not bringing in new members as they sold out the current members.
What a smart fund did was make changes before it’s too late. Your fund obviously let it go down.
Happy thanksgiving brother.
Where is turkey dinner today ? In laws ?
Yes! In laws!! I’ll pick up Dina in a bit.

wide load

Why would any of that make any difference, unless these pension funds were/are being run like a Ponzi scheme, masked by a clever term like "ongoing liability"???

Nobody has been able to explain to me how if Joe's Trucking is in business for 75 years and decides to close his doors, and has made all of his contractual obligations to the pension fund listed when he closes the doors, why Joe would have "continuing liability".....unless the pension fund is being run like a Ponzi scheme.
No doubt there were always flaws in the pension. A lot of unfunded liabilities in NE. Joes trucking didn’t pay. And all their people started retiring. I’d honestly prefer to invest on my own

wide load

Happy Thanksgiving Bubble

What'dyabringmetoday???

There are some real sharp cookies managing many of these funds. I hope Big Union Guy doesn't see this. Lol.