New Express Courier

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The district offices run the show. The managers are nothing more than puppets if that tells you anything.

MassWineGuy

Signing up on the Extra Hours signup sheet if you are available for the AM tells managers your are available. That could put you on First Overnight or overflow P1s or even helping on a rogue bulk.

What he said. If you make it clear to the manager who does the schedules that you’re eager to help out with morning P1 deliveries, chances are more thanfair that you will pick up some extra work. If you’re good at it, you could eventually ask to go fulltime if such a position comes up.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What he said. If you make it clear to the manager who does the schedules that you’re eager to help out with morning P1 deliveries, chances are more thanfair that you will pick up some extra work. If you’re good at it, you could eventually ask to go fulltime if such a position comes up.
Back in the day, I learned if you just showed up (large station) in uniform and let a manager know you were available, you were, more likely than not, going to be put to work.

Oldfart

Why do you believe an RTD has a better future than a Courier?

Where I am the Courier hours are better and more predictable than when I was using my RTD title everyday.

Oldfart

Oh yeah, being a courier is so rewarding. In fact the more you work, the more work they’ll reward you with.
Considering you are so miserable, nothing would make you feel better. I enjoy the customer contact and seeing the sights and sounds of the day. When I drive a tractor and do drop and swaps all day, it gets monotonous but it is a break from my normal routine.
Drop and swaps are so rewarding. LOL

Cactus

Considering you are so miserable, nothing would make you feel better. I enjoy the customer contact and seeing the sights and sounds of the day. When I drive a tractor and do drop and swaps all day, it gets monotonous but it is a break from my normal routine.
Drop and swaps are so rewarding. LOL
Once again (if you can absorb it) I’m retired...... and better off than you. Bummer huh?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So your route is nothing but unicorns and clover with and endless supply genuinely friendly customers? Doubtful.
788A087A-58C1-42C5-8A1E-D391D4064B13.jpeg

One of my genuinely friendly customers just gave me these. She always goes to a See’s Candy store in San Francisco when out there to buy chocolate. Every holiday she gives me a different kind. A turkey for Thanksgiving, Santa for Christmas and she said ordered leprechauns for St. Patty’s Day. Lol.

Oldfart

So your route is nothing but unicorns and clover with and endless supply genuinely friendly customers? Doubtful.
My customers are mostly friendly. Very heavy resi stops so it is a lot of "ring and run" stops. Every route has a jerk or 2 on it. They normally treat me the way I treat them. I guess since you were so miserable when you were on-road, your customers returned that sentiment toward you. Bummer

Cactus

My customers are mostly friendly. Very heavy resi stops so it is a lot of "ring and run" stops. Every route has a jerk or 2 on it. They normally treat me the way I treat them. I guess since you were so miserable when you were on-road, your customers returned that sentiment toward you. Bummer
According to you, every courier except you is miserable. If that’s the way you feel, don’t do us any “favors” by sticking around here.

Oldfart

According to you, every courier except you is miserable. If that’s the way you feel, don’t do us any “favors” by sticking around here.
People that constantly complain are miserable. Or else they wouldn't complain all the time. Kind of like you.

I don't remember seeing happy and content people complaining.

Cactus

People that constantly complain are miserable. Or else they wouldn't complain all the time. Kind of like you.

I don't remember seeing happy and content people complaining.
You’re so busy with all your resi stops that you got all this time to post here. Bet your manager doesn’t have a clue. Yet.

Oldfart

You’re so busy with all your resi stops that you got all this time to post here. Bet your manager doesn’t have a clue. Yet.
Do you want his number?

I am on vacation. Went to the Daytona 500 last weekend and we drove to Atlanta for this weekend race. Hope I don't have to stay over a day or so because the weather is looking rough for Sunday. Hate to burn more vacation for a rainout but when you have close to 7 weeks, no reason to miss a Monday race.