New FMCSA rules July 1st 2013

Omega man

My thinking is, if you have only done commercial, resisting the common senseness of doing those few straggling dr's, that will cost you time later, that you will have to do after pickups, what can they say? Also leaving business that are open after 5
That is my plan.
And I will spread my plan to others who are going to be slammed to the wall, with this new law. Glad its daylight til 9.
For this very reason, miles will increase. And routes are going to have to be put back. Period.
My route had 3 cars, now it has 1.5. One guy has 90 commercial and 50 pick ups. It is math.

It is amazing that so many drivers are now enlightened. Drivers had this leverage all along if they simply followed their Locals' lunch rules which have been in place all along. Better late than never I guess.

MaceFremonti

Theoretical restart problem.....say your start time is 5:00 am...you just had a day off...you need two periods of non-work from 1:00 am to 5:00 am to reset....you punch in at 4:58 am - which is during the 2nd non-work period...do you reset since your start time is 5:00 am or do you not reset since you actually punched in at work at 4:58....????....????....

over9five

Staff member
Theoretical restart problem.....say your start time is 5:00 am...you just had a day off...you need two periods of non-work from 1:00 am to 5:00 am to reset....you punch in at 4:58 am - which is during the 2nd non-work period...do you reset since your start time is 5:00 am or do you not reset since you actually punched in at work at 4:58....????....????....
I would say that's a reset. Even though you punched in, you're not on duty yet.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

Might want to clarify if you are in Feeder or not. Our FDT lets you punch in but not Start Work unless you change the start time ( and a message specifically says you cannot start work prior to your start time). Not sure how it works in Package anymore. If you're doing any work you would not get the reset. Remember you don't have to have the reset as you can just keep rolling your hours.