New Ford PCs

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
what do these new Package cars look like? Can you post a pic please!
th

Slow walker

I think workhorse went out of business. The best PC was the P1000 international. Had one for 10 years and couldn't kill it. Traded it for an automatic workhorse that needed a new starter twice a year.

ManInBrown

That makes sense in the UPS world. They are the best cars our center has. Only thing bad about them is the horn contacts have to be cleaned weekly, but that is an easy fix
I covered a route with an old 10 cube highstep. I drove around half the day with the horn going off. Every time I turned left it went off for a good 3 minutes. Wrote it up every day. They would fix and it would last 2-3 days

Hellobrown2000

What don't you like?

They have the best turning radius by far of any of the new 800's
I've had mechanical problems every time I get one. Blinkers freeze, rear door doesn't lock, It can be yanked open. Hazard button gets stuck, delay between when I hit the green to start and it actual starts. Only thing I like is none of them seem to have 70mph restricts.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not sure what's not to like. I have driven a couple of them and they had good turning radius and a log of power. The hydraulics on the bumper are pretty nice also for docks.
One thing I don't like at all about any of the new vehicles.

If you're at a stop and try to really give it some gas to go quickly. It almost always misses for a few seconds. Pretty dangerous in heavy traffic n

gman042

Been around the block a few times
One thing I don't like at all about any of the new vehicles.

If you're at a stop and try to really give it some gas to go quickly. It almost always misses for a few seconds. Pretty dangerous in heavy traffic n

Yeah.....like a bit of a stutter. My other one did not do that.
Can't say as I like that feature at all.

moldsporh

The best PC was the P1000 international. Had one for 10 years and couldn't kill it.

Absolutely.

Even though they were a little loud, they are tough as nails. Minor problems here and there but very minor.

A close second, if not a tie for the first place....is the Freightliner P700 , ISC Cummins with 5 speed allison automatic....circa 2003.

No governor, quiet, and will run almost 80MPH.....quick also.