New Full Time driver not working

KoennenTiger

Went to training 3 weeks ago, passed and went to the facility on Monday. I turned in the book, talked to the business manager and was told to come back tomorrow to do some classes. Showed up, completed the classes and went in Wednesday-Friday and was told each day to go home.

On the 4th week now of not going in. I've called everyday and have yet to get ahold of the business manager or a supervisor to figure out when I'll be coming in. Also asked for emails and have not got any. Thoughts?

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I had looked briefly through the forums and couldn't find anything similar.

Just show up. I mean you sound like a box thrower so just show up. Clock in at the start time for whatever shift you're working and find a PTer, tell him you're new, and you need to know where to go to work. He'll find somewhere.

The problem is you are calling (who are you even calling?) you need to just show up. Heck at my hub their is some fifteen year guy who will happily go home so you can work. You just got to SHOW UP

barnyard

KTM rider
Same here. They are begging people to work their vacations

Same here. Preload is particularly under-staffed. There are 3 or 4 drivers that come in 3 hours early and then run an 8 hour day on their route. That makes everyone else in their loop a little heavier.

I have had a penalty pay week already, which was a 1st for me and I have been on the list for years. Pretty much every week, everyone on the 9/5 list works 2 days over, then it is a crap shoot for the rest of the week.

barnyard

KTM rider
I worked 1 day of vacation 2 years ago. It sucked and I will never do it again. When I was getting dressed, my wife was all, "Really, you're going in??? WTF is wrong with you."

35years

Gravy route
My terms for working vaca ..
$100 gift card payable 1st day

Day by day, if you give me more than 80 stops I don't come in again. I have no obligation to come in. I don't help others.

I don't work Friday or Saturday

Non-negotionable, take it or leave it.

Sheikyrbouti

I am a new hire just passed my 30 days. Working as an unloader but in the process of training for cover driver (whatever that is). I specifically asked about work schedule and was told if not driving I’d work unload for the day. Hope that helps get you some hours. Unloading trucks suck ass in the heat but hey, money is money.