New Full Time driver not working

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ElmerFudge, Jun 26, 2019.

1. ElmerFudge

ElmerFudge New Member

Went to training 3 weeks ago, passed and went to the facility on Monday. I turned in the book, talked to the business manager and was told to come back tomorrow to do some classes. Showed up, completed the classes and went in Wednesday-Friday and was told each day to go home.

On the 4th week now of not going in. I've called everyday and have yet to get ahold of the business manager or a supervisor to figure out when I'll be coming in. Also asked for emails and have not got any. Thoughts?

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I had looked briefly through the forums and couldn't find anything similar.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

This happens to every new hire. They will only work you if they absolutely have to and you are the only one to do it.

3. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

You are the low man on the totem poll

4. ElmerFudge

ElmerFudge New Member

I get that. Still up to not get any information and being without pay for a month. Do you have any suggestions to getting ahold of someone that can provide a straight answer instead of getting the run around?

5. Walk88

Walk88 Member

Good luck. They string you along promising you the world all the while screwing you over. You might work 5 days a week, 1 day, or possibly go weeks not working. All while you deplete your savings, fall behind on bills, scramble to find other work to make ends meet. But hey you're a full time RPCD, working part time hours if that.

6. Jkloc420

Nothing you can do but keep calling everyday

7. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

I'd deliver pizzas but stay on UPS payroll and suffer through. Eventually you'll work everyday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

the union has your back, no worries.

9. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Instead of calling and sending emails, go there and speak to them in person.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  10. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

If you cant deal with the wait I’d find another gig.

11. Amazon prime week is coming

12. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

D11F35DC-A346-4CF2-9DF6-D8CD956D5711.jpeg
    what is seasonal full-time? lol no wonder these poor new hires think they are full-time as soon as they start.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Active Member

If your actually full time why not just work the preload and or local sort?

14. He just got hired, doesn't have any seniority

15. ElmerFudge

ElmerFudge New Member

Wasn't a seasonal full time hire. Application nor hr mentioned seasonal and specifically asked during interview and was told I was not. Sure, could just be being naive

16. ElmerFudge

ElmerFudge New Member

I asked that already and was told I would have to talk to the business manager which is the main reason I've been trying to get ahold of him. Going to go in in the morning and see if I can grab him in person

17. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

HR lies to people to get them to work for UPS , if anything you will be a new 22.4 combo driver and work all weekend. Sorry UPS lied to you ..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

You’re a part time employee , you will work when you are needed..

19. Jkloc420

he is new, he dont know hr lies yet

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Active Member

Yea I guess I should have asked if he completed his 30 first. Hey poster if you didnt complete your 30 days your sol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List