New hire here and need help!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The Turd is always right, get use to it punk
downloadfile-4.png

I was just correcting you. You'll get better answers when we have the correct information. Again let your manager deal with it. You keep stating you were not properly trained so bring the problem to your manager and learn from him/her. You seem overly concerned for this ladies package. I'm beginning to think the turd is right. It's your package.

Well when the customer gives out $100 gift cards to new employees I want to make sure everything goes smoothly for her.

brownIEman

Well I know that our ups pick up driver for a fact picked up every package. It has an origin scan at the Van Nuys location just no departure or updates

Most likely something happened after it got to Van Nuys. At this point you can call the 800 number and start a trace or wait till the time in transit due date and open a claim (which will kick of a trace). If your customer shipped it through your store then you, the UPS store are officially the shipper as far as UPS is concerned (as opposed to if she brought it in with a label already on it and dropped it off). The distinction is important because it is the shipper that needs to initiate a claim. Hope this helps.

clean hairy

Sometimes the label is where it may not scan.
Just wait until the date it is due for delivery.
I have personally had stuff come with no in transit scans.

Dr.Brownz

Hey guys!
I recently started working for UPS and started a little before the Christmas holidays. Kind of got thrown to the wolves, no proper training or how to answer some customers answers properly with the right information l. I was dealing with a customer who asked about why his tracking never updated for 5 days from CA-Tx. His package was scheduled for today and still no updates only the “Origin Scan” from 1/3/18. I told him that sometimes it could possibly be still delivered and that it might passed through the system and not got scanned. That’s what I was told to say but I just wanted to know if that was a true statement or just giving the customer an answer to defuse the situation. Is it possible that a package goes that long and not update and still be delivered on time? Thank you!
depressed-dog-meme.jpg