New hire here and need help!!

Hey guys!
I recently started working for UPS and started a little before the Christmas holidays. Kind of got thrown to the wolves, no proper training or how to answer some customers answers properly with the right information l. I was dealing with a customer who asked about why his tracking never updated for 5 days from CA-Tx. His package was scheduled for today and still no updates only the “Origin Scan” from 1/3/18. I told him that sometimes it could possibly be still delivered and that it might passed through the system and not got scanned. That’s what I was told to say but I just wanted to know if that was a true statement or just giving the customer an answer to defuse the situation. Is it possible that a package goes that long and not update and still be delivered on time? Thank you!

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I tell people to call the 1800PICKUPS and let the OMS sups deal with it. Personally I have no friend*ing idea what goes on in the building or how it’s ran. Tell them to call the office that way they have record there is an issue, hence they will be able to get refunded quicker when the process is started early.

I just find it odd that there wasn’t even a departure scan after the origin scan. I seen tracking not update after a departure scan but I never seen where it doesn’t update after Origin scan. I just didn’t want to provide the customer with a wrong answer.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It might mean that it has not left the shipper yet .
When an order is received the shipper manufactures a shipping label , but that does not mean a parcel has been processed yet .
Recently I ordered a part thru an auto catalog .
They in turn notified the manufacture , who had the part on back order . Although I was told by the catalog service department that it was to arrive on X day , in reality it was two weeks later before it arrived .

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Here at UPS, our trained professionals are equipped with all the latest technology to answer any and all questions.
proxy-4.gif

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Hey guys!
I recently started working for UPS and started a little before the Christmas holidays. Kind of got thrown to the wolves, no proper training or how to answer some customers answers properly with the right information l. I was dealing with a customer who asked about why his tracking never updated for 5 days from CA-Tx. His package was scheduled for today and still no updates only the “Origin Scan” from 1/3/18. I told him that sometimes it could possibly be still delivered and that it might passed through the system and not got scanned. That’s what I was told to say but I just wanted to know if that was a true statement or just giving the customer an answer to defuse the situation. Is it possible that a package goes that long and not update and still be delivered on time? Thank you!

No you work for a UPS Store. You do not work for UPS. Let your manager deal with it.

brownIEman

The short answer is it is technically possible but not very likely. If a package is loaded in a trailer without getting a scan at the receiving facility it could move without departure scan.

@Baba gounj 's scenario is more likely.

It is also possible it got lost at the receiving facility. The label could have gotten torn off and it wound up in over goods, crushed in a belt or disappeared some other way. Statistically does not happen a lot but it happens.
@joseph B ' advice is also solid - the 800 number can get the ball rolling to look for the package, determine the nature of the origin scan and start the claims process of necessary

The short answer is it is technically possible but not very likely. If a package is loaded in a trailer without getting a scan at the receiving facility it could move without departure scan.

@Baba gounj 's scenario is more likely.

It is also possible it got lost at the receiving facility. The label could have gotten torn off and it wound up in over goods, crushed in a belt or disappeared some other way. Statistically does not happen a lot but it happens.
@joseph B ' advice is also solid - the 800 number can get the ball rolling to look for the package, determine the nature of the origin scan and start the claims process of necessary

Well I know that our ups pick up driver for a fact picked up every package. It has an origin scan at the Van Nuys location just no departure or updates

542thruNthru

Look no need to get your panties in a bunch about if I work at the store or actual UPS. I just asked a simple question where I thought I could get a solid answer since I wasn’t train properly by my manager.

I was just correcting you. You'll get better answers when we have the correct information. Again let your manager deal with it. You keep stating you were not properly trained so bring the problem to your manager and learn from him/her. You seem overly concerned for this ladies package. I'm beginning to think the turd is right. It's your package.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Look no need to get your panties in a bunch about if I work at the store or actual UPS. I just asked a simple question where I thought I could get a solid answer since I wasn’t train properly by my manager.
Nobody's panties are in a wad. It sounds as if you already have the information about the package, but didn't like the answer. UPS and UPS store are two completely different companies. If you do actually work at A UPS store it's not your job to be able track and tell a customer what is going on with their package, which would explain why you don't have that training . All you need to tell them is to call 1 800 742 5877 press 0 a couple of times to speak to an actual person

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I was just correcting you. You'll get better answers when we have the correct information. Again let your manager deal with it. You keep stating you were not properly trained so bring the problem to your manager and learn from him/her. You seem overly concerned for this ladies package. I'm beginning to think the turd is right. It's your package.

The Turd is always right, get use to it punk

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nobody's panties are in a wad. It sounds as if you already have the information about the package, but didn't like the answer. UPS and UPS store are two completely different companies. If you do actually work at A UPS store it's not your job to be able track and tell a customer what is going on with their package, which would explain why you don't have that training . All you need to tell them is to call 1 800 742 5877 press 0 a couple of times to speak to an actual person
downloadfile.png