New Hire, Hub to Ramp Advice

Johnny121

Hey guys, I wanted to seek advice regarding a problem I had.

I had worked for UPS before, for quite a while but I did not meet the year requirement to transfer to a new location I needed to transfer to.

With my supervisors it was agreed that I would resign under Rehire yes status. Then I would immediate apply at my new location.

After some difficulties doing so, I got hired.

only problem I had was of the group, we were told that the top half of the group would be assigned ramp positions and everyone else hub.

This made me confident as I had the training not too long ago, so it was review, and I was the only rehire there. We were tested as a group rather than individually and when announced, I wasn’t chosen for Ramp. Afterwards I asked if there was a specific reason for doing so, and the answer I got was it was completely random and they just picked half of them.

Maybe I’m stuck for a while but I just wanted to know if you guys thought I would have any luck getting Ramp?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey guys, I wanted to seek advice regarding a problem I had.

I had worked for UPS before, for quite a while but I did not meet the year requirement to transfer to a new location I needed to transfer to.

With my supervisors it was agreed that I would resign under Rehire yes status. Then I would immediate apply at my new location.

After some difficulties doing so, I got hired.

only problem I had was of the group, we were told that the top half of the group would be assigned ramp positions and everyone else hub.

This made me confident as I had the training not too long ago, so it was review, and I was the only rehire there. We were tested as a group rather than individually and when announced, I wasn’t chosen for Ramp. Afterwards I asked if there was a specific reason for doing so, and the answer I got was it was completely random and they just picked half of them.

Maybe I’m stuck for a while but I just wanted to know if you guys thought I would have any luck getting Ramp?

what makes you think anybody on here could answer this?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sorry, I don’t mean to sound ignorant. I guess my question is even though I’ve been assigned to a certain Area, is it possible to be reassigned? Without waiting a certain period of time.

sure I guess

anything’s possible

I know this sounds crazy but why not ask your boss