New Hire Questions??

bod89lx

I just got hired this week for seasonal delivery driver, and was wondering what the chances are of being kept on after only one season, and what to do to make sure they know I am very interested in a full time permant position. Also if laid off after the season would it make sence to go and get a CDL so I could also drive feeders if there is a opening.Am I better off after the season try to get a part time position as a package handler or just keep doing the seasonal gig. Lastly is age an issue as I am 40 years old will this come into play, I will add I am in very good shape and look much younger. I am in the Madison , WI area if this helps any.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
yeah you might have a chance to come back after the peak, here is what you need to do:
1) when they ask you "can you go help out this guy with 20 stops?" you should say " yes i will take an additional 30 more stops off him"
2) meet your plan day hours and if you can, beat it!
3) everytime you get shaft in the butt by anybody, no matter how much you hate it, you should yell out " more, more"

if you can do the above then yeah, there's a chance for you to be rehired. as far as for feeders, you have to put in 1 year of service as a pkg driver first. so worry about get rehired as a regular driver first before anything.

B

BLACK BOX

3) everytime you get shaft in the butt by anybody, no matter how much you hate it, you should yell out " more, more"

Are you giving advice or is this prison talk? If you don't get hired I'm sure you'll get a date!

bod89lx

yeah you might have a chance to come back after the peak, here is what you need to do:
1) when they ask you "can you go help out this guy with 20 stops?" you should say " yes i will take an additional 30 more stops off him"
2) meet your plan day hours and if you can, beat it!

if you can do the above then yeah, there's a chance for you to be rehired. as far as for feeders, you have to put in 1 year of service as a pkg driver first. so worry about get rehired as a regular driver first before anything.

The first 2 sound OK, but the 3rd one may be hard to take(LOL). Can't wait to start training next week,