New huge customer.....

over9five

Staff member
And here you have the biggest roadblock to gaining new business....

1. You NEED your drivers to get you this new business because your overpaid, under-acheiving sales team can't/won't go out and get it.

2.You already are so over-dispatching your drivers, they have no time OR interest in generating volume.

So, Mr. BrownISer, how do we get the drivers to increase the volume? Imagine having drivers inspired to gat new volume! We could take over the shipping world.
YOU, Mr. BrownISer, will be a hero (and get a big promotion AND pay raise) if you can inspire the drivers.

How you gonna do it? Never mind the BS you've been spewing. None of us care about your problems.

C'mon, dude, inspire me....

wornoutupser

Dear Mr. IS,
Please inspire me also to gain more volume.
I am filing again this week for over 9 1/2 hours. UPS refuses to pay my last 8 greivances from the last round of hearings.
My supervisor and my manager leave the building and go home. The OMS has to handle drivers that can not deliver everything on the car. Packages are missed, nxda's are late and no one seems to give a crap.The last message tonight was that everyone was too busy and that no meet points could be arranged. So what, UPS got their inbound volume from me 6 minutes before feeder pull and I had nxda's going out. it's just another day in UPS paradise, inspire me baby, inspire me!

DONT FORGET TO FILL OUT THAT LEAD CARD!!

I already sold my stock

S

speeddemon

You must not understand how the new business volume works. We pile it on the same drivers who already have 9-9.5 days, and expect them to "get it done" because the upper management people have a tough time justifying another car on the road to help with the "new business" when its new stuff. Eventually when the cut route is in 5 days a week instead of 3-4 times for a particular area it ends up getting bid as a route and staying but by then all the other drivers in the loop are beat to death from the year + it took of them handling all the new business with their own business. Not to mention during this period more new business is sprouting up and even with the new route everyone in the loop is still overworked.

FRIGGEN AMEN

wornoutupser

If you want to inspire me, get enough drivers and cars on the road to handle what we already have.
Take care of the customers that we already have- I have 3 damages in 1 week on one pickup account alone and we now charge return shipping and all three were UPS's fault!
Quit sending my area all of the brand new account reps then transferring them out so that our customers can have someone that they know to contact in case of a problem. Stop allowing UPS to hide under the horrible 1-800 line that no one ever returns a call from!
Stop sending all junk vehicles to my center to have engines,transmissions and other major repair work done. Our mechanic is snowed under and is one of the best around!
Start running this place as a service company and quit worrying about the stock price. If you take care of your customers, keep them loyal and happy, then you DONT HAVE to worry about the stock price!

wornoutupser

Oh Yeah,
Quit screwing with my allowances so that my performance is 2 hours over every day. I do a da*@ fine job,have happy customers,and would like an honest report back on my efforts to UPS.

Boy, that rant felt GOOOOOOOD!!!

DS

Fenderbender
I agree that ups tends to NEVER have enough people or vehicles to do the job properly.Its a valid reason to not turn in sales leads when its near impossible to get the job done in under 12 hours with a code 05.We have no over 9.5 clause in our contract.Today a pickup got missed because they didnt have a 5 ton left to get the 2 skids.My p8 was nearly cubed out and I kicked out the oncall at 1:45 PM saying I wouldn`t have the room with all my other pickups.They sent it back to me at 4:15 PM.I called the center and by the time they sent backup 4:35PM,they were closed.
And the comments about us not picking up boxes anymore seemed funny to me because the big fedex add on the radio is focused on sending EVERYTHING in boxes and WIN PRIZES.Just put that letter in a fedex box and enter to win a trip or car.Seems like they want everyone to know they dont only do letters.
I`d go along with that in a heartbeat.Let em have the boxes and give us ALL the letters.Jeez I might end up having to go to the gym to stay fit!

C

cold world

Its always the smallest things that the company fights us on. If the collective of this company was truely happy with their jobs, meaning everyone had a fair day, "numbers" were a thing of the past, everybody wasnt Blown out every day, lunches everyday, and enough help to cover everyone, then this company would shut down fedex for good. Too bad that upper mgt cant see this.

Peak seems like it's going to suck super extra mega harder than it did last year at my center.

The bad thing is, the sort people are too lame to keep up with the volume now, and it's nowhere near as bad as it'll be for actual peak.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
One point has been left out of this thread so far. Apple makes a better computer than everyone else, and as a result, they are usually more costly. Most people don't use them, also there isn't the same quantity of software programs available for them. The Operating system is much more stable, doesn't crash as much as Microsoft's, and less prone to hackers. If we do get Apple's PC business, I see it as a good thing, I don't think the number of extra stops would come anywhere close to a customer like Dell.:thumbup1:

SmithBarney

Once upon a time when drivers worked 8 hour days, getting more volume
meant a little more overtime up for a certain driver. And of course the $$ benifit of the lead cards.
Now why would someone who is working 10hours a day(thats a conservative #) want to put more work on his/her truck? Yeah we work for the company, but we also have the ability to reason and have common sense.

So when I come in at 10.5 hours last night and 50% of my co workers are still out working somewhere in the dark, I can understand why no one would
want more work. (BTW our 10.5 hr day ends at 8:45PM)

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Hmm love to hear about getting more volume, think they will finally hire us some help?? HAHAHA

Also Scholastic has been working all weekend. Next week should be nice for all of you lugging those heavy boxes of books around.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
UPS’s Electronic InfoNotice provides greater flexibility for Apple customers

By anticipating the needs of our customers and providing innovative service solutions, UPS has customized its delivery procedures for Apple products. In October, Apple began using UPS as the primary carrier for its residential deliveries. Because Apple requires a signed delivery notice for all deliveries, UPS developed an Electronic InfoNotice (e-InfoNotice) to provide greater flexibility for Apple customers that cannot be present at the time of delivery.

Once a product is ordered from the Apple Web site, the customer can choose to have the package left at their residence by downloading the UPS e-InfoNotice (See Related Files). This document allows the customers to provide the required signature by printing, signing, and leaving the e-infoNotice for the UPS driver before the delivery attempt is made. Then, the driver leaves the package according to regular Driver Release procedures to prevent theft or damage.

Not only is this more convenient for the customer, the e-InfoNotice also minimizes the number of return delivery attempts of the driver. Drivers are pre-alerted about the e-InfoNotice through the Delivery Information Acquisition Device (DIAD). The DIAD communicates the e-InfoNotice as a Customized Pickup and Delivery message—“Apple/SDN OK/No DR.

Now if they could start this with Dell.

hoser

Industrial Slob
I just bought an iMac, I love it. PC's are teh suck.
wait for your fashionable piece of s--- to go out of style in a year or two.

One point has been left out of this thread so far. Apple makes a better computer than everyone else, and as a result, they are usually more costly. Most people don't use them, also there isn't the same quantity of software programs available for them. The Operating system is much more stable, doesn't crash as much as Microsoft's, and less prone to hackers. If we do get Apple's PC business, I see it as a good thing, I don't think the number of extra stops would come anywhere close to a customer like Dell.:thumbup1:
voodoo pc's running linux beat apple hands down. solid and versatile OS, well constructed, and you can use non OEM parts on it! :w00t:

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
wait for your fashionable piece of s--- to go out of style in a year or two.

LOL, yeah. Now that's funny! :laugh: You sound like a PC user, angry and frustrated....:lol: You must have spent the last two hours on the phone with Dell support!

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
LOL, yeah. Now that's funny! :laugh: You sound like a PC user, angry and frustrated....:lol: You must have spent the last two hours on the phone with Dell support!

If you bought an Apple because you were sick of being on the horn with tech support you are not qualified to make any computer opinion since you have no idea how to work one past the basics.

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
If you bought an Apple because you were sick of being on the horn with tech support you are not qualified to make any computer opinion since you have no idea how to work one past the basics.

Ah, not true. I said I just bought an iMac, however, I did not say that this was my first Apple. Just my first time with OS X...Please, let it go. Apple in my opinion offers a better product.

Getting back on topic, I think the electronic info notice is a good idea. Wanna flame me for that too? :w00t:

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
Getting back on topic, I think the electronic info notice is a good idea. Wanna flame me for that too? :w00t:

Nope. I love it. If it gets me out of pulling 3 piece Dell systems off trucks at 8pm because someone walked into the customer counter 1 minute before they closed without scheduling a same day will call, I'm all for promoting the extensive use of the electronic info notice.

I wonder if this absolves UPS of claims against packages with the electronic info notice?

B

brownISer

Over9Five...I am not the one with the problem...and as far as needing inspiration, paying my mortgage and supporting my family is all the inspiration I need !!!

over9five

Staff member
Brown, I need the inspiration! Remember, I'm just a dumb truck driver. If this company falls, I'll just get another dumb truck driving job!