New Kelowna BC hub

DS

Fenderbender
They announced at our pcm friday that they are building a new $1.8 m hub in Kelowna BC.They are asking for full timers that would like to move there.We did some research and its beautiful out there.Minimal snow and a view of the mountains.Its near Penticton where they are famous for apples and peaches.The houses are pricey.I must admit I haven't looked into this fully.I wondered if anyone else has heard of a transfer and keep your seniority offer other than management.Do you think they would offer incentives to entice people to move?

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
They announced at our pcm friday that they are building a new $1.8 m hub in Kelowna BC.They are asking for full timers that would like to move there.We did some research and its beautiful out there.Minimal snow and a view of the mountains.Its near Penticton where they are famous for apples and peaches.The houses are pricey.I must admit I haven't looked into this fully.I wondered if anyone else has heard of a transfer and keep your seniority offer other than management.Do you think they would offer incentives to entice people to move?

Sigh . . . I guess us poor prairie folk will have to wait a little longer to get a new centre.

Anyways, yeah, Kelowna is a very gorgeous city. I lived there for a year a while back. It sits right on the shore of Okanagan Lake and is surrounded by mountains. Lots of tourists in the summer. They do, however, experience all four seasons as I do recall a couple of days when it hit -30 . . . and two days later it was +5 and raining! Unfortunately, the bad part of living in Kelowna is that it is very, very expensive. Back when I lived there I was working three jobs and living off of rice and instant noodles. The price of housing back then was out of control so I can only imagine what it's like now.

Good times.

satellitedriver

If it's not too far away, take a weekend and check the area out. Talk to real estate folks and get a feel for the area.
It will take a while to build the facility and that should give you some time to make a decision.
Incentives? I doubt it, but maybe.
PAX