New Leadership in Local 71,Charlotte,NC

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Also they've been telling everyone they are not TDU.
I can't see this helping them.

General President Candidate Sean O’Brien To Address TDU Convention

From the same article....

"In 2017, O’Brien was named Package Division Director. He insisted on including Hoffa’s political opponents on the National Negotiating Committee and building a united contract campaign at UPS.

Hoffa opposed this direction, fired O’Brien, and replaced him with Denis T. Taylor purged multiple Teamsters United supporters from the UPS Contract Negotiating Committee for opposing givebacks and an information brownout."

This is how TDU tries to spin the truth.

The one Central Region VP that was booted from the committee, was because he

couldn't follow the rules established by the Union Chairs. The guy wanted to post on

FaceBook (like a 16 year old girl) leaking details that were not even agreed to.
Teamsters United isn't TDU.

....reality is that TDU is presently trying to decide if they want to endorse Teamsters United, which is a pretty big difference from being a member.

This irrational "defacto" mindset is the equivalent of saying that if Fire Fighters endorse Bernie Sanders for POTUS....that Bernie Sanders, by default, is now a fire fighter.

VIEWPOINT: Why We Should Join the 2021 Teamsters United Campaign

I will watch this all develop with an open mind, as the next General Election will be the most important in my lifetime....and perhaps the future of the Teamsters.

542thruNthru

....reality is that TDU is presently trying to decide if they want to endorse Teamsters United, which is a pretty big difference from being a member.

This irrational "defacto" mindset is the equivalent of saying that if Fire Fighters endorse Bernie Sanders for POTUS....that Bernie Sanders, by default, is now a fire fighter.

I will watch this all develop with an open mind, as the next General Election will be the most important in my lifetime....and perhaps the future of the Teamsters.

To be honest I know the slate running against the current slate pretty well. Only one guy is a big TDU supporter and he's probably going to be a trustee. The rest are UPS drivers that feel our current slate is not doing a good job.

This is the reason I "lol" at hofficer hater, because he's slapping a TDU label on it to push his own agenda.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

As you are aware, I have a very jaded opinion about TDU.

So in my mind's eye, if you associate with them you are in effect, them.

Either that.... or you are just a political whore. (you.. in the metaphoric sense)

Watching Sean and Fred go from staunch allies of Hoffa to courting the

TDU support, leads me to believe this. Both left the "reservation" when Fred

was overlooked to replace Walt L on the IBT E-Board when he retired, and

when Sean was replaced as small pkg director for jumping the gun and not

accepting the decision of the IBT General President.... which is a bad move.

My point exactly. All of the sudden now.... they are all going to play nice ?

I think this is just a concerted effort of political manipulation.

I will watch this all develop with an open mind

I can respect that.

as the next General Election will be the most important in my lifetime....and perhaps the future of the Teamsters.

I might think that's a little melodramatic.... but the point is taken.

-Bug-

Fuzzy Brown

Congrats to Willie Ford, defeating the incumbents by a large margin
Change was needed but the wholesale change to the Rebuild slate probably won’t prove to be the smartest, they’re good guys for the most part but they really don’t have a clue.
I wish them well because I have a vested interest in their success but I’m afraid it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

34yearpackagehumper

I can tell you this about Willie Ford, someone that I worked with for years. He is truly a fighter .As a shop steward management knew that if Willie went in the office with a Driver you know he has his ducks in a row. He's going to take local 71 to a whole new level. Congrats my friend !

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Change was needed but the wholesale change to the Rebuild slate probably won’t prove to be the smartest, they’re good guys for the most part but they really don’t have a clue.
I wish them well because I have a vested interest in their success but I’m afraid it’s going to be a bumpy ride.
What do you mean by saying "they don't have a clue"? Is that a blanket condemnation of their ability to learn quickly as well?

I hear that all the time and yet a few years down the road the challenger's stamina is very well documented.

I'd rather have a eboard full of newbies that are honest, learn quickly, and put the member's interests first than an eboard comprised of seasoned sellouts any day.

Plant a good tree and in time it'll grow and provide shade if you are patient.

Water a rotten tree and you're wasting your time with dead wood.

Fuzzy Brown

What do you mean by saying "they don't have a clue"? Is that a blanket condemnation of their ability to learn quickly as well?

I hear that all the time and yet a few years down the road the challenger's stamina is very well documented.

I'd rather have a eboard full of newbies that are honest, learn quickly, and put the member's interests first than an eboard comprised of seasoned sellouts any day.

Plant a good tree and in time it'll grow and provide shade if you are patient.

Water a rotten tree and you're wasting your time with dead wood.
It’s not about the ability to learn, it’s about being ready January, 1 to handle the local’s business.
Good intentions and potential won’t win local levels and at the panel against the killers who represent the company.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It’s not about the ability to learn, it’s about being ready January, 1 to handle the local’s business.
Good intentions and potential won’t win local levels and at the panel against the killers who represent the company.
Good intentions and potential will win hearings. With good intentions and potential comes the knowledge gained from being seasoned stewards and it isnt everyone's first rodeo. I'm guessing and presuming they have experience in hearings at various levels or they wouldn't have been elected.

Gotta start somewhere and it's better to try to better the members results than to sit and watch some folks sell you out time and time again.

Mohammed Ali started somewhere in a ring when he was young so he should be shunned as not up for the challenges he was to face? Evidently the members were willing to gamble and voted these people in.
That speaks volumes.

Fuzzy Brown

Good intentions and potential will win hearings. With good intentions and potential comes the knowledge gained from being seasoned stewards and it isnt everyone's first rodeo. I'm guessing and presuming they have experience in hearings at various levels or they wouldn't have been elected.

Gotta start somewhere and it's better to try to better the members results than to sit and watch some folks sell you out time and time again.

Mohammed Ali started somewhere in a ring when he was young so he should be shunned as not up for the challenges he was to face? Evidently the members were willing to gamble and voted these people in.
That speaks volumes.
Whether you’re sold out (and I have been multiple times) or screwed by a lack of knowledge, as a member you still lose.
No one elected has any experience as a BA.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Whether you’re sold out (and I have been multiple times) or screwed by a lack of knowledge, as a member you still lose.
No one elected has any experience as a BA.
Ok. Sure...

And evidently those folks are willing to gamble on the people they voted in learning quickly and representing them honestly.
It's their local and their vote.

Fuzzy Brown

Ok. Sure...

And evidently those folks are willing to gamble on the people they voted in learning quickly and representing them honestly.
It's their local and their vote.
The vote underscores the problem of having different factions within the union there should be plenty of people with the level of experience to do a competent job representing the members at a BA level but people vote exclusively for their group and freeze out others.
We saw it when O’Brien was fired as a contract negotiator for wanting include TDU people in the process.

B-Brown

Teamsters United is run by TDU. Dave Levin runs the campaign. The campaign manager is a figure head.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The vote underscores the problem of having different factions within the union there should be plenty of people with the level of experience to do a competent job representing the members at a BA level but people vote exclusively for their group and freeze out others.
We saw it when O’Brien was fired as a contract negotiator for wanting include TDU people in the process.
The majority (faction) vote wins in local union elections. The minority (faction) votes lose.
I know that it's hard to understand but that's how it works.

Fuzzy Brown

The majority (faction) vote wins in local union elections. The minority (faction) votes lose.
I know that it's hard to understand but that's how it works.
Yeah genius the people with the most votes win, you have a firm grip on the obvious.
The problem is the us and them mentality that weakens the union.

Fuzzy Brown

Can't take a little dry humor? :rolleyes:

EA39CCFF-127D-4E56-8344-063676B8ABE0.gif

Last edited: