Union Politics - Anti-H**** '707 UNITED TEAMSTERS SLATE' wins local election!!!!!!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
It's a concession .. That's what you asked for... Here's another. ... Smaller and split raises... When is your visit to the slaughter house?
There were split raises in the last contract.
My wages increased $4.00 per hour in the 2008 contract with $495.70 per week for pension and healthcare.
This contract my wages will increase $3.90 per hour but pension and healthcare contributions are increases to $695.70 per week.
So I lose $0.10 an hour but gain $200/week towards pension and health and welfare.
Again this is NOT a concession. TRY AGAIN!

10 point

There is.

truckingboards(dot com)

A more sympathetic ear.

And they hate UPS drivers.

-Bug-
They're more interested in the Ohio Conference issue from what I read lately.

Never saw anything negative about UPS drivers in recent posts from what I read.

"Hate" is a strong accusation.

Help me out.

They're more interested in the Ohio Conference issue from what I read lately.

Never saw anything negative about UPS drivers in recent posts from what I read.

"Hate" is a strong accusation.

Help me out.
For starters they don't like that we make 34 and some change an hour pluse we voted to leave the central states pension fund. You want more reasons that they don't like us?

10 point

For starters they don't like that we make 34 and some change an hour pluse we voted to leave the central states pension fund. You want more reasons that they don't like us?
Yep.
"Who" is they?
Jealousy is not the same as "hate" and it isn't just the TL and LTL folks jealous about our wages it's most of the gen public. Heard it for years and years even before I worked there.
Human nature.
Half can't handle the preload and quit... much less what we do.

10 point

Yep.
"Who" is they?
Jealousy is not the same as "hate" and it isn't just the TL and LTL folks jealous about our wages it's most of the gen public. Heard it for years and years even before I worked there.
Human nature.
And for years when I drove otr the guys on the CB's would say "don't bother trying to talk with the UPS feeder drivers because they think they're better than the rest of us".
Sometimes the public perception is generated by how we treat them as well.
Seen it first hand.

anHOURover

My wages increased $4.00 per hour in the 2008 contract with $495.70 per week for pension and healthcare.
This contract my wages will increase $3.90 per hour but pension and healthcare contributions are increases to $695.70 per week.
So I lose $0.10 an hour but gain $200/week towards pension and health and welfare.
No strong language to stop sub contracting. Have you driven on a highway on your way to the slaughter house? Look around...

anHOURover

I have not been in progression for close to 30 years. Part-timers could change the language if they would only vote. If they don't care, why should I? Circle of Honor Jacket fits fine!
Please do continue. Is that all you got?
Meeeeester... Typical. Do you not care about our future ?

Yep.
"Who" is they?
Human nature.
Never mind
Why explain
You know everything with all your experience you win.

Inthegame

And for years when I drove otr the guys on the CB's would say "don't bother trying to talk with the UPS feeder drivers because they think they're better than the rest of us".
Sometimes the public perception is generated by how we treat them as well.
Seen it first hand.
But some OTR guys do think Feeder drivers are quite gifted. Hell I had a guy ask me "buster brown, how's it look over your shoulder" to which I replied, "don't know, never had it up that far."

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have not been in progression for close to 30 years. Part-timers could change the language if they would only vote. If they don't care, why should I? Circle of Honor Jacket fits fine!
Please do continue. Is that all you got?
Meeeeester... Typical. Do you not care about our future ?
There is a driver in my building who got his 25th year of safe driving this year, but refused to accept the jacket or partake in the breakfast and ceremony.
His reasoning was that he was refusing in protest of the way the company processes accidents today vs. when he was a young driver, along with the hypocrisy of the safety program and standards.
He claimed that there were some "incidents" that he had when he was first starting out that would now be deemed "avoidable".

That is a stand up Teamster who didn't forget what he was, how he got there, and that there many before him that made it possible for us to be where we are today.
I'm proud to know him.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
My pension contributions went down.

And my healthcare got worse.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
There is a driver in my building who got his 25th year of safe driving this year, but refused to accept the jacket or partake in the breakfast and ceremony.
His reasoning was that he was refusing in protest of the way the company processes accidents today vs. when he was a young driver, along with the hypocrisy of the safety program and standards.
He claimed that there were some "incidents" that he had when he was first starting out that would now be deemed "avoidable".

That is a stand up Teamster who didn't forget what he was, how he got there, and that there many before him that made it possible for us to be where we are today.
I'm proud to know him.
what are these jackets you people speak of? Ive only gotten silly plaques

Evil

If you work for UPS, your pension contributions went up.

In the Southwest Rider we got a $2.50 pension increase over the five year contract: 50 cent increase per year for every hour worked for a max of 2080 hours.

However, in the Southwest Rider we had been on company ran health plans. Andy "Marshmallow" who is the chair of the Southwest Rider decided that Horrorcare wasn't good for us so he developed the Western Conference and Local 177 Health & Welfare Plan. The Southwest Rider represents locals: 63, 104, 186, 381, 396, 492, 542, 572, 631 and 952. The first supplemented was voted down overwhelmingly since the Health and Welfare Plan had not yet been "carved-out."

When it was finally "carved-out" they failed to tell us that we were gonna pay for this new Health & Welfare Plan by diverting $2.25 out of $2.50 pension increase to pay for our healthcare. In other words we only got a $.25 cent pension increase over the five year plan. A full-time employee currently receives $9.85 pension increase per hour worked. A part-timer receives $7.85 into their pension per hour.

So if the Marshmallow man would have not dropped the ball in negotiations by coming up with this stupid health and welfare plan and accepted Horrorcare, us in the Southwest would currently be receiving $11.10 per hour and $12.10 by the end of the contract.

Does that better answer your question?

Local 186 that is part of the Southwest Rider had nomination meetings last Saturday. Three years ago the guy leading the opposing slate split the vote with another group. This year they've joined forces and the current executive board has acknowledged they will easily be defeated on December 10. When asked why they will lose, their response is "the concessions in the Southwest Rider."

Local 186 will become the first anti-awful local in Southern California since 1999.

10 point

Never mind
Why explain
You know everything with all your experience you win.
I HAVE otr experience.
You got issues with that?
I have no meat cutting experience tho.

I have alot of commercial miles logged and I did that for my family...
Not so I could come on here and be belittled by you.
If a post doesn't fit your controlled environment on here I guess that makes it an open door for sarcasm?

Neither one of really cares what the other thinks anyway. And I don't need to buddy up to the system to feel like I have self worth. It's a false weight if you truly examine it.