Saltman

Saltman
Hey-New Member Here!
With UPS 10 1/2yr. Driver for 1 yr, with a well earned vacation coming next week.(vacation payout first year) and only been laid of few days. Nice to have steady work, but beat down -can you feel my pain? How am I going to sit still for an entire week? Ha Ha

The saltman is licking his wounds

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the Cafe, Saltman.
How to sit still for a week? First, turn off that annoying alarm clock, mine goes off way too early. Spend some quality time with your neglected family. If you pass a UPS truck on the road, avert your eyes and ignore it as much as possible. I could go on, try not to take things too seriously.

Ms Spoken

Hey-New Member Here!
With UPS 10 1/2yr. Driver for 1 yr, with a well earned vacation coming next week.(vacation payout first year) and only been laid of few days. Nice to have steady work, but beat down -can you feel my pain? How am I going to sit still for an entire week? Ha Ha

The saltman is licking his wounds

Welcome Saltman I'm also wondering what to do with my vacation since this is the first year that I have decided to use two weeks back to back. How will I ever be able to return to work after that. Keep working hard and you will move up on your vacation weeks. One of my weeks is for a NASCAR race.:thumbup1:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hey Phil,

You're a newby as well just registering this month. Where are you from?

Welcome to the Brown Cafe!!:)

upsgrunt

Two weeks in a row is great- I do it all the time. The first week you get back to really feeling human again, and the second week you can actually enjoy; that is until Sunday night when you know you have to go back in the morning. Is it just me, or does anybody else look at their watch while on vacation and say to themselves, " if I was working I would be at such and such a place right now, or I would be starting my pickups now? I've been doing this 21 years, and I still catch myself doing it. I really believe it is a sickness.
Oh, welcome Saltman!
Beware this site is addicting!!!

over9five

Staff member
"if I was working I would be at such and such a place right now"

I do that! And I wonder who's covering my route. Did I tell him where that new consignee is in that office building? Does he know Acme changed their p/u spot?

browniehound

"if I was working I would be at such and such a place right now"

I do that! And I wonder who's covering my route. Did I tell him where that new consignee is in that office building? Does he know Acme changed their p/u spot?

But Over95, do you really care if your cover driver knows the new consinees or that Acme moved theri PU location? If I like the guy I might care for about 5 seconds and then my mind is back on my beverage and the scenery at the beach:w00t: . If he's any good he'll figure it out rather quickly and won't get side track too much!

crumbs

wage slave
But Over95, do you really care if your cover driver knows the new consinees or that Acme moved theri PU location? If I like the guy I might care for about 5 seconds and then my mind is back on my beverage and the scenery at the beach:w00t: . If he's any good he'll figure it out rather quickly and won't get side track too much!
any good split driver would figure it out and if not than we'll chalk it up to a hard lesson learned! these new guys are pampered way too much! i was (as most were im sure) sent out in a packed p1000 pre PAS with a map and best wishes!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hey crumbs,

Welcome to the Brown Cafe!!:thumbup1:

I've noticed that this was your very first post and you should be congratulated!

So now we have Phil, Crumbs and Saltman all new to the board and all right on this thread..

area43

Hey saltman try not to be a senior member. Their like mgnt. They sit on their butt all the time in front of a computer screen and think they are God. he he.