new misload proposal

bmd22

I had issues with misloads so what I did is came up with a way that makes supervisors happy and I'm able to get my miss loads down to zero.

Step 1: take package off and out of the trailer.

Step 2: turn off fan.

Step 3: yell the following:
"Miss sort to bay (insert original bay number here).

Step 4: clear the warning from the computer and leave the package alone on the grill turn the fan on and get back to work.

Cowboy Mac

I had issues with misloads so what I did is came up with a way that makes supervisors happy and I'm able to get my miss loads down to zero.

Step 4: clear the warning from the computer and leave the package alone on the grill turn the fan on and get back to work.
Good for you for actually working at a pace that allows you to eliminate misloads. If everyone did this we would be much better off.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I think a finger should be removed for each misload. When you run out you get fired. However I’d settle for making the loader have to come out and PVD his drivers misloads.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I remember back about 15 years ago when EDD was implemented in our building. We were told there would NEVER be misloads as this system would not only tell the loader which Package Car to load it,but WHERE in the car it should be loaded .
Good Times

bmd22

I remember back about 15 years ago when EDD was implemented in our building. We were told there would NEVER be misloads as this system would not only tell the loader which Package Car to load it,but WHERE in the car it should be loaded .
Good Times

I don't load package cars I load feeder trucks.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
they keep flirting with completely removing the hand scanners, disaster follows and they bring a few of them back before trying to remove them again in an endless cycle.

It's going from 0-1 misloads to 5-20 every other day.

It's a orgy of random overtime added to relatively light routes and no doubt the blame is going to go anywhere the right direction.

pkgdriver

they keep flirting with completely removing the hand scanners, disaster follows and they bring a few of them back before trying to remove them again in an endless cycle.

It's a orgy of random overtime added to relatively light routes and no doubt the blame is going to go anywhere the right direction.
I believe I had 12 misloads on Alpha charts in 2 1/2 years on the preload in late 80’s. Sure the sort time was a bit longer..15/30 min. Anybody remember when the green Consignee Billing labels started? IE Wal Mart etc….preload had quite a bit of misloads from them…All the Wal Marts had some of those labels. A misload got a talk with back then. +/- five on your stroke sheet. You were 10 off….got a talk with by management and possibly the driver😀. A driver told me , stroke five on the sheet before you even load anything. Worked out pretty well…He had some multi unit stops.
Anyway your mileage back then in your center may have varied. My loader now. I would pay her rent/mortgage for a month if she ever needed. Shes that good and it makes the day go easier.

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
I wish I had more details on how my misloads occur. I don’t know if they’re determined by the scanner you’re using or it’s based off the cars assigned to you. I have noticed most often I get misloads when people are sent to take over some of my cars or vice versa. Whenever I’m left alone to do my assignment til it’s finished I’m usually fine.

If someone comes to take over smalls bags from one of my cars and misloads it does it count towards them or me? If I finish early and I’m sent to help elsewhere and that car already had a misload does it show up as a misload on my end because I scanned into that car to help?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You’re nothing short of
Genius

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I wish I had more details on how my misloads occur. I don’t know if they’re determined by the scanner you’re using or it’s based off the cars assigned to you. I have noticed most often I get misloads when people are sent to take over some of my cars or vice versa. Whenever I’m left alone to do my assignment til it’s finished I’m usually fine.

If someone comes to take over smalls bags from one of my cars and misloads it does it count towards them or me? If I finish early and I’m sent to help elsewhere and that car already had a misload does it show up as a misload on my end because I scanned into that car to help?

That’s why you need to carry a little notebook anytime stuff like that ^^^^^^^
happens write it down if they try to discipline you bring out the note book
and grieve it

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
That’s why you need to carry a little notebook anytime stuff like that ^^^^^^^
happens write it down if they try to discipline you bring out the note book
and grieve it
Grieve for what, harassment? I’m only a few months in but so far the full time supe that checks in every time I have a misload has been pretty cool about it. Just goes “hey I see you had x misloads yesterday, I know that’s not like you so just be careful.”

Should I be writing down what cars my misloads were in or what? Not sure what disciplinary action they can take over misloads, it’s not like I get them often.

bmd22

Once you have scanned a package you are liable for said package it is maybe the wind blows for now. my bay was having issues with parcel bags, the ft told us to double scan the bags.

I double scan them right off the rollers and set them aside. Sometimes triple scan is in play.

bmd22

Grieve for what, harassment? I’m only a few months in but so far the full time supe that checks in every time I have a misload has been pretty cool about it. Just goes “hey I see you had x misloads yesterday, I know that’s not like you so just be careful.”

Should I be writing down what cars my misloads were in or what? Not sure what disciplinary action they can take over misloads, it’s not like I get them often.
Possible suspension.

bmd22

If gross sort and pick off is on their game then none of these issues happen.

I have the thought of putting the ring of scanners at the output chute like they have in the input that keeps track for the loader but that takes out the pph metric and puts load quality as the main metric.

Computerized sorting is the future with of course human oversight.