new misload proposal

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I wish I had more details on how my misloads occur. I don’t know if they’re determined by the scanner you’re using or it’s based off the cars assigned to you. I have noticed most often I get misloads when people are sent to take over some of my cars or vice versa. Whenever I’m left alone to do my assignment til it’s finished I’m usually fine.

If someone comes to take over smalls bags from one of my cars and misloads it does it count towards them or me? If I finish early and I’m sent to help elsewhere and that car already had a misload does it show up as a misload on my end because I scanned into that car to help?
File under Article 12 if you still use scanners and Article 37 for harassment. Management always tries to pass their incompetence over to you when they need to be aware of who they’re sending over to do your cars. I would have management come and try to blame me for misloads and I wasn’t even present or someone snatched my scanner.

Attachments

• F6AE4CC5-6647-4B7A-8387-54783F112675.jpeg
    F6AE4CC5-6647-4B7A-8387-54783F112675.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 61

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Grieve for what, harassment? I’m only a few months in but so far the full time supe that checks in every time I have a misload has been pretty cool about it. Just goes “hey I see you had x misloads yesterday, I know that’s not like you so just be careful.”

Should I be writing down what cars my misloads were in or what? Not sure what disciplinary action they can take over misloads, it’s not like I get them often.
File for harassment and be aware of any help they send you. Also slow down if you have to and if they say anything tell them you’re working the best you can to eliminate misloads.

Karma...

when I started at big brown loaders didn't check parcels....it was the responsibility of the puller and/or sorter or pickoff person(s) to get the parcels to the correct trailer or belt....us peon loaders had to load and not back any thing up.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Sup: “you loaded an NDA underneath the 8000s and made our favorite runner gunner cry and he said it’s all your fault.”

Preloader: “prove it.”

End of discussion.

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
File under Article 12 if you still use scanners and Article 37 for harassment. Management always tries to pass their incompetence over to you when they need to be aware of who they’re sending over to do your cars. I would have management come and try to blame me for misloads and I wasn’t even present or someone snatched my scanner.
When supes send other preloaders (whether from small sort or irregs or other package car loaders) to take over some of my work do I have any grounds to tell them I don’t want the help? I get that some areas have less volume in the building and some workers are just faster so not everyone will finish at the same time, but I hate it when I can’t finish the cars I’ve been working on all morning.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
When supes send other preloaders (whether from small sort or irregs or other package car loaders) to take over some of my work do I have any grounds to tell them I don’t want the help? I get that some areas have less volume in the building and some workers are just faster so not everyone will finish at the same time, but I hate it when I can’t finish the cars I’ve been working on all morning.
I am not sure. The safest thing would be to just work as directed and CYA. You may ask the supe to not let anyone in your cars under the guise of preventing misloads that way you set the stage in a future grievance if they harass you about misloads that you spoke with them about not letting anyone in your cars. However, they’re able to send you help to get the work done as long as it’s not anyone from management doing the labor. I would speak with your steward or business agent about this.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I had issues with misloads so what I did is came up with a way that makes supervisors happy and I'm able to get my miss loads down to zero.

Step 1: take package off and out of the trailer.

Step 2: turn off fan.

Step 3: yell the following:
"Miss sort to bay (insert original bay number here).

Step 4: clear the warning from the computer and leave the package alone on the grill turn the fan on and get back to work.
Supervisors have already solved the misload problem for the drivers …” put that on my desk don’t sheet it”
😂😂😂😂

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Grieve for what, harassment? I’m only a few months in but so far the full time supe that checks in every time I have a misload has been pretty cool about it. Just goes “hey I see you had x misloads yesterday, I know that’s not like you so just be careful.”

Should I be writing down what cars my misloads were in or what? Not sure what disciplinary action they can take over misloads, it’s not like I get them often.

Then what is this thread about
97D4493A-FCCE-48BD-99CC-74ADEEA40035.gif