New Orion loading policy

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
lol! No doubt my chicken scratch is hard to read.
Majority of our senior pre-loaders don't even write the #'s on the box.
Me being a nooby (one yer anniversary still three months away) I write the #'s on majority of the boxes.
By the end of load and boxes are being crammed down our throats......the hell with the #'s and just get it close.

The new pt sup at our small hub holds the record for misloads at over a dozen in one day.
The most I've ever seen on the misload list was 17 in one day..

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
image.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager
If honestly love to see how this place ran for a few weeks with no supervision. I know there would be some real :censored2: ups but I think for the most part this place would run smoother.

They tried that once...you guys were screwing each other so bad we had to stop.

No it did not run smoother.

oldngray

nowhere special
Team concept was doomed from the start. Almost everything attempted was vetoed by management. Employees had the myth of being "empowered" but it was all just a stunt by UPS with empty promises.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I thought It was a good idea! But what in the heck do I know? Crazy talk,actually having a driver, teach another driver?! Now they want us to mentor?

Driver training driver no problem..usually. Where it ran into problems (at least here) the lead driver was going home everyday or he dispatched himself with 7 hours of work and everybody else out till 800pm.

Driver training driver no problem..usually. Where it ran into problems (at least here) the lead driver was going home everyday or he dispatched himself with 7 hours of work and everybody else out till 800pm.
Well that would be a problem, quickly solved! The other drivers would never put up with that!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
That never got started in my center. Every one knows it runs smoother when there is not as many mgmt in building, because of less micromanagement.

If you want to see how smooth it runs when you manage yourself, look what you drivers do while you are waiting for the preload to go down.

1 - All stand together on the belt pulling packages for your individual car. How about one pulls for every 2-3 while others load stack outs and check for mis-loads then switch.

2 - Do you walk down the belt and make sure no packages are for you or do you wait for the last package to get to you before shutting door and leaving building.

3 - Validate Air...check that you have a hand truck...DR notices...RS tags while your waiting

I can go on but I think you get the point.

Yes we have to tell you every time and its call supervising and its what we have to do because you don't do it on your own.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you want to see how smooth it runs when you manage yourself, look what you drivers do while you are waiting for the preload to go down.

1 - All stand together on the belt pulling packages for your individual car. How about one pulls for every 2-3 while others load stack outs and check for mis-loads then switch.

2 - Do you walk down the belt and make sure no packages are for you or do you wait for the last package to get to you before shutting door and leaving building.

3 - Validate Air...check that you have a hand truck...DR notices...RS tags while your waiting

Yes we have to tell you every time and its call supervising and its what we have to do because you don't do it on your own.
1. preload management failure, we should be a closed door dispatch but preload fails due to management's inability to understand cramming 4 hrs of work in 3.5 isn't possiable just because someone on a computer stays it is.

2. See 1.

3. I laugh at that. We ran out of dr bags two weeks ago, managements response,"I guess they better get home before the rain."
As for hand carts, "The company won't allow us to order more because you drivers leave them around"
As for info notices, our PT OMS is in change of supplies, including uniforms

So tell me again who's more likely to be replaced by ORIAN, management or drivers?

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Kind of reminds me when sups massage loads for ride alongs or while they do a safety ride and ask neighboring drivers to come and take stops.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They tried that once...you guys were screwing each other so bad we had to stop.

No it did not run smoother.
This was before centralized dispatch (coming soon) ORIAN, EDD, and telematics. A PT sup in the morning and evenings can accomplish the same tasks that used to take all day to manage. One or two FT management is all that is needed during the day to put out fires.

upschuck

I friend hourly ran things, they would start earlier so preload would be wrapped up on time, so no $45/hr people loading trucks.
Hourly does that here.
Where does management do that? Management is too worried about covering their own butts, to worry about covering someone else's.

watdaflock?

Drives me nuts when you get a dozen drivers standing/walking around in the preloaders way on the belt.

mdnj88

My loader loaded my car before pas so he basically loads it how he knows. He does everything wrong according to pas but he's probably the best loader on the line. I have him write hin numbers with crayon.

When he's out and someone else loads the car according to pas...lookout it's gonna be a loooong day. Bulk stops pal'd to 1000 that normally go on fl3 now up on shelf. We are not on Orion fwiw

BrownTexas

I don't actually load our official way...I just peel PALs... but I do read address to move certain business stops to where my drivers want them. But you guys know...you load routes long enough, you can recogize stops just by looking at the boxes..lol. It only becomes an issue when a pt sup has to do a load quality audit. Then I get stupid questions like...oh these boxes say 3000...why are they in the back of the car on the floor? Because that's where they go.
It literally takes 1 minute for them to change that "3000" stop and make it a constant different pal label like a floor 3(passenger side wheel well). Management is just too damn lazy to do it. I have a 3000 stop moved to a 6800 so it would always be the last stop on that shelf and it took telling management everyday for a month before it happened.