An Even More Pointless Loading Policy

A few months ago, our DM decided that instead of peeling PAL labels...we need to write the HIN # on packages. Work as directed..I still peeled labels and scribbled the HINs to shut my sups up. Now, DM decided as of today, we are to write the bay #, route # and HIN on every package. Are you kidding me? Why stop there...just have us copy the tracking # for every package...or write each customer a personalized message?

The drivers barely look at PAL labels...let alone what we scribble in crayon...I could write "Screw you" on every box...they wouldn't notice...lol. Small sort is looking more appealing everyday...lol
:nobrainzombis:
I
I use the pal labels a lot but don't pay any attention to the scribble.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The driver of one of the routes I load never looks at PALs. The moment he picks up a box, he looks directly at the shipping label. Every time I see him sorting anything, he does this. I driver helped him last peak and he did the same exact thing- each and every time he picked up any box that he needed to look at.

I asked one of my other drivers if he cared about sequence numbers and he said he did not... as long as stuff is loaded together and bulk stops are not scattered around.

If you load your crap accurately enough in sequence, the PAL numbers don't REALLY need to be visible, facing out.

Unfortunately, DPS loves pulling splits off my routes. I make it extremely easy for them. That's probably not a good thing...
They need to be written and visible because my center manager raged at the pcm that the DM is pushing to write anyone up for not following the "methods". :blahblah:

laffter

They need to be written and visible because my center manager raged at the pcm that the DM is pushing to write anyone up for not following the "methods". :blahblah:

Our sups are pushing that as well. "Write the HIN on every box, no pealing labels". I'm still not gonna do it until someone actually writes me up or threatens to.

laffter

I like when they put a pal over a service cross or cod amount.

That reminds me... a friend of mine got sort of "bitched at" by one of her drivers for putting "dots" over addresses accidentally (with sharpie). We're technically supposed to verify the PAL address to the shipping label address and put dots next to them to show that you did it. But when you're in a hurry... who knows where the dot will land! There's no winning, even if you follow the rules.

oldngray

nowhere special
large.gif

Returntosender

Maybe the sort is going over allowed time. DM needs to give answers to District Vice President on conference call. DM says the loaders have to write additional numbers on boxes for drivers. DM needs to find the answer to justify over allowed on sort. If not District VP will fire DM.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If I have a good reliable loader then I will pay attention to the scribble. Otherwise, just get it in the right general area of the truck and I'll worry about the rest.