An Even More Pointless Loading Policy

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I have a good reliable loader then I will pay attention to the scribble. Otherwise, just get it in the right general area of the truck and I'll worry about the rest.

I had a good reliable loader and am in the process of training his replacement to be as good and reliable as he was.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cementups

Box Monkey
My last loader was pretty good. The guy I have now is/was a driver. He keeps trying to get qualified but keeps missing. I told him the other day, "If you drive anything like you load then I can tell you why you can't qualify." He thought I was joking. :D

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The driver of one of the routes I load never looks at PALs. The moment he picks up a box, he looks directly at the shipping label. Every time I see him sorting anything, he does this. I driver helped him last peak and he did the same exact thing- each and every time he picked up any box that he needed to look at.

I asked one of my other drivers if he cared about sequence numbers and he said he did not... as long as stuff is loaded together and bulk stops are not scattered around.

If you load your crap accurately enough in sequence, the PAL numbers don't REALLY need to be visible, facing out.

Unfortunately, DPS loves pulling splits off my routes. I make it extremely easy for them. That's probably not a good thing...
I never look at pal labels either. Just address on box.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Train loaders correctly and give them enough time to their job effectively and the problem is solved. Them people are idiots, the solution to the problem is that simple but their so freakin retarded they cant figure it out lmfao.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Wait.......

Macy's in the hood?;)
I know. I still can't get used to the stuff I deliver in the ghetto. Macys, QVC (I have a bunch of QVC queens) a bunch of home depot, not much amazon (except a little to the skyscrapers in the morning). One of the biggest things I deliver is the self-install packages from the cable company Comcast. One of the guys in the hood explained it to me. It was something like $15 activation fee if the customer installs their own computer modem & cable boxes or $35 to have a technician come do it. In average middle class neighborhoods, most of us would say who cares about 20 bucks, I want it done right...but in the ghetto $20 is $20 so I get 5-10 of these big huge self install boxes everyday.

laffter

I know. I still can't get used to the stuff I deliver in the ghetto. Macys, QVC (I have a bunch of QVC queens) a bunch of home depot, not much amazon (except a little to the skyscrapers in the morning). One of the biggest things I deliver is the self-install packages from the cable company Comcast. One of the guys in the hood explained it to me. It was something like $15 activation fee if the customer installs their own computer modem & cable boxes or $35 to have a technician come do it. In average middle class neighborhoods, most of us would say who cares about 20 bucks, I want it done right...but in the ghetto $20 is $20 so I get 5-10 of these big huge self install boxes everyday.

$20 can get you a couple hits of crack... you rich folk don't know nuttin' bout 'nuttin.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thank goodness,It wasn't a butt print!
images-10.jpeg

J

jibbs

$20 can get you a couple hits of crack... you rich folk don't know nuttin' bout 'nuttin.

....Or meals for several days out of the week, depending on which part of the ghetto spectrum they happen to fall under.

Just because we're poor doesn't mean we all have a bag of rocks in our pocket, dude. :closedeye

busterbrownlady

I can only dream that my loader would write the numbers on the side of my pkgs. it does help a driver sort or if they are stopped by a customer it's easier and quicker for me to look on the side of the box. It saves me time. I think that it also would help my loader if he would do this. Right now I get 3000 in the 6000, 1000 in the 3000 and so forth. It makes for a rough day when this is how your load is.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I can only dream that my loader would write the numbers on the side of my pkgs. it does help a driver sort or if they are stopped by a customer it's easier and quicker for me to look on the side of the box. It saves me time. I think that it also would help my loader if he would do this. Right now I get 3000 in the 6000, 1000 in the 3000 and so forth. It makes for a rough day when this is how your load is.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Well...your loader is just a maroon then....no excuse for that...lol.